Guard mode

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

It has arrived on my app. Must have happened when I turned the phone on this morning.
If I could donate to those desperate for it I would...I see no value in it given the restrictions, especially the fact that it will not send notifications if the vehicle is in Deep Sleep Mode!!
Last edited by Sparks on Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

robgee wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:12 am Looks like you have had 2 recent updates

APIM SYNC Module [APIM] LU5T-14G371-GMF 1U5T-14G374-EK 03-06-21 14:02
TCU Telematics Control Unit (TCU) Module L1TT-14G087-AF LB5T-14G139-SL 04-06-21 13:23

After i done the sync updates it appeared on mine about 2 days later
Many thanks, will wait another a couple of days to see if anything appears
Deleted User 361

DesertIslandBlue wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:17 am Have you tried using the interrogator and uploading a log file?
That seemed to force it for me yesterday. Within two hours of the upload the guard mode was active…
I assume you are also running 21020?
Yep 21020 (without maps update)

May give interrogator a go tomorrow thanks
Deleted User 361

Sparks wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:35 am It has arrived on my app. Must have happened when I turned the phone on this morning.
If I could donate to those desperate for it I would...I see no value in it given the restrictions, especially the fact that it will not send notifications if the vehicle is in Deep Sleep Mode!!
Just want to have a play with it really

I don’t suffer deep sleep issues (even with dashcam in constant park mode and averaging 4 miles most weeks) so at least that’s one issue with guard mode I don’t have to worry about for now. And my phone is always on and nearby
Deleted User 361

Guard mode has finally arrived for me
gps

Post by gps »

Does it give an alert every time a door is opened even if authorised, mine seems to. So you end up with several alerts per day but none of them unauthorised.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Maybe set it for night time only or when your away from the vehicle whilst shopping etc.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 361

I get phone notifications but there’s no alert sound when they pop up which is useless
Deleted User 361

tonyt2021 wrote: Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:38 pm I get phone notifications but there’s no alert sound when they pop up which is useless
Just occurred to me that the camera app wasn’t making a noise either so it may be because the phone was connected to the car over BT. Will test again with BT disabled or get someone else to open the door.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Switched mine off. It kept saying unauthorised access even though I used the key. Would I like to inform the emergency services?

I might just set it when I park up.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.