Guard mode

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Stevep999 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:22 am I was led to believe it will be a vehicle update that will add this feature to older models.
Yes. Just want to find out what that update is. Seems to have been OTA on older Fiesta's, but am expecting a dealer visit for Puma (rightly or wrongly) and if it is a dealer visit will need to know which module needs updating.

Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

tonyt2021, I found it best to email Ford CRC. First call I made was a struggle to understand what the lady was saying so we agreed email only. Bonus is you then have a record of what's been said.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 361

Rizmo wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:05 pm tonyt2021, I found it best to email Ford CRC. First call I made was a struggle to understand what the lady was saying so we agreed email only. Bonus is you then have a record of what's been said.
Yes, will probably follow up my original email with another one in a week or so (but mainly because I hate talking on the phone when I can just email)
Deleted User 361

Finally got a reply and learnt absolutely nothing

“The guard mode function is currently not available on all vehicles as they will require a software update, we are currently working on ensuring this software update is done on all vehicles allowing our members to use the guard mode function, the update will either be done via the dealership or it will become available to do by connecting the vehicle to a wi-fi connection”

Am going to forget about it and if sometime in the future it becomes available then all well and good. Not holding out much hope tbh especially if it’s a dealer applied update
DesertIslandBlue

Post by DesertIslandBlue »

That's a disappointing (although not unexpected) reply. Thought at least they would have given an anticipated roll out timeframe...
ST Line X mHEV 125 Desert Island Blue DAP+CP+HFPT
Deleted User 361

I’ve emailed them back to tell them what I think of the reply and the whole dealer/OTA update situation

Suspect I won’t be getting a reply though lol
Deleted User 361

I did get a reply, still no real info though (other than they don’t really know what they are doing with updates)

“The software update to install the guard mode feature onto the vehicle has not been released to the dealership or to be installed via Wi-fi at this point, as this is still being looked into if this can be done via wi-fi or if this would need to be done via the dealership.”
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

From what I’ve experienced and read on here, nothing gets updated direct via WiFi!
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
Deleted User 361

You’d think that as it’s already rolled out to older Fiestas OTA they’d be able to do the same for Pumas easily enough

If it’s a dealer update mine will have to wait until it’s first inspection in November
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

By the time it's informed you that someone is trying to steal your Puma, you have actually found your phone, opened it up to see what the notification was, your Puma will be gone.
I'm not seeing that much value in it to be honest. So, it's something that can be done whenever rather than being a need.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.