Questions

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Seems like you'll be changing dealers again Mike.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Mike

Post by Mike »

Rizmo wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:17 pm Seems like you'll be changing dealers again Mike.
Time will tell🤔
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

We drove to Leeds and back yesterday. The brakes were fully warmed up by the time I drove through the city centre. The noise from the discs was unacceptable after less than 8k.

I brought the pitting to the dealerships attention last July. They said the pitting was fine but to keep an eye on them.

I’ve just messaged them to say I’m not happy that they are so noisy and that I want them replaced under warranty. I’ll go to Ford directly if they want me to.

My discs normally last a good 30k.

These are obviously inferior quality.

Such a pity as the car is fantastic but let down by these silly “cost saving” issues which are coming back to bite Ford on the arse.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

i will give them a couple more days since i haven't had a reply yet
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Mike, have you tried doing a brake bedding in procedure. It should clean up your brakes. Just driving 100/200/300 miles won't fix them. They need to get hot and hit hard.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Chocky wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:07 pm Mike, have you tried doing a brake bedding in procedure. It should clean up your brakes. Just driving 100/200/300 miles won't fix them. They need to get hot and hit hard.
No not tried that, the fronts are pitted pretty bad and the rears quite heavily scored, when the dealer looked at them they put them down as orange for wear so waiting to hear from Ford who have just asked a load of questions so far. The dealer did a few miles in it so would they not have done that.
What is process for bedding in.?
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Mike, try Youtube.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Rizmo wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:29 pm Mike, try Youtube.
will do, ford asking more questions at the moment
Mike

Post by Mike »

Had a couple of replies from Ford about my corroded brakes, basically they want me to book it back in for another diagnosis then they will speak to the dealer about a solution and possible contribution.
Asked why they cannot just contact the dealer for their report and let me know their decision if they are replacing under wrty or not to save me booking another day off and my car sitting at the dealers again. I said I either put up with it, do them myself, or a non main dealer to do then I guess they cannot get out of any future brake related wrty claims.
What would you guys do?
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

I would do a brake bedding in procedure and then reassess.

You need to get the brakes hot. If done correctly your brake leg should hurt afterwards! Ideally you need to find a closed road and brake from 80mph to 20mph, really hard. Repeat that five times and feedback.