Questions

All Ford Puma related discussions
falco15

Post by falco15 »

I have an automatic Puma St Line X and some RPM instrument cluster numbers are white and other gray. At first I thought it was the gear number of the automatic transmission, but I was wrong. Do you know what is the reason for these changes in the color of the numbers?
*** Written by google translator ***

Mike

Post by Mike »

I think i have noticed my car does this , it is very subtle and say you rev the car up to 2000rpm the next number up which would be 3 is brighter than the 2, just a gimmick i think , don't notice it when driving.
maybe post a pic if you can to confirm
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

Do i try another dealer ??

Brake noise is getting worse, it was checked in May/ June time and i was told it should disappear within a few miles which it didn't and was prepared to put up with it a bit but not anymore, I checked the front discs and they are pitted, rear discs are scored and rusty even after doing a couple of hundred miles in the car, parking it dry in a garage then getting it out this morning and they are very noisy, Just rang the supplying dealer who wants my car for a full day or more for diagnostics and then depending on what they decide they will replace under wrty or ask me to pay but couldn't give a time scale because of parts/ staff/ workload
My question to the dealer was surely it will only take 20 mins for someone to go the discs/ pads need replacing and we can do on this date, otherwise they could have my car several days before they even look at it because of their workload and it seems they have diagnostic staff and staff that carry out the repairs - why not the same person who knows.
They don't have any courtesy cars until February and have offered to collect my car which means someone else driving it for the 12 miles to the garage and then back again plus testing plus they will just abandon it at the garage and not park it out the way.
So i could need to take more than 1 day off for this to be sorted or do i just buy replacement pads/ discs and fit myself( not an issue) and save all the grief of running to and from the garage , time off work and not sure what they will even do under wrty without any grief.
or do i give another dealer a call but they won't know i have already complained about this problem.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Booked in at lookers near me in a couple of weeks time with a courtesy car which you now have to pay for ?
Again told they need it all day for diagnostics and the car would be given a full health check which I think is normal when they go in for anything.
No cost and they will let me know what they decide regarding warranty which is a no brainier since the car has only 3800 miles on it so they aren’t. Worn jUst rusty. See how they perform and more importantly look after my car.

Can someone confirm if the road tax on the ST is £555 per year ?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Tax is £555 for the first year paid when purchasing car.
After that it's £155 per year.......
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Sparks wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:03 pm Tax is £555 for the first year paid when purchasing car.
After that it's £155 per year.......
Thanks, was surprised and wasn't sure if it was for the first year only, might continue the search now since seen a few similar spec to mine but 125 engine with more miles up for 4k - 5k more than i paid, if i could find a new ST in the uk at right spec/ price might be tempted to make the jump
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Mike wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:16 pm Booked in at lookers near me in a couple of weeks time with a courtesy car which you now have to pay for ?
Again told they need it all day for diagnostics and the car would be given a full health check which I think is normal when they go in for anything.
No cost and they will let me know what they decide regarding warranty which is a no brainier since the car has only 3800 miles on it so they aren’t. Worn jUst rusty. See how they perform and more importantly look after my car.

Can someone confirm if the road tax on the ST is £555 per year ?
If the list price, including extras, is over £40k then you pay extra from year 2 to year 5 I think.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

This explains it well.

We got a bit of both in April 2021. A highlight – or lowlight depending on your perspective – was the 3% increase on the standard rate of tax which means that the tax you pay after year one has increased from £150 to £155.

For that matter, first-year road tax has also been adjusted to clobber high-polluting cars. Road tax now ranges from £115 ( for cars producing 76-90g/km) to £555 (151-170g/km). Low polluting cars, meanwhile – cars that produce 0-75g/km of CO2 – pay the same tax they did in 2020, ranging from zero to £25.

The hits get bigger the more CO2s you produce. Cars in the 171-190g/km pay £895 (was £870), those that produce 191-225g/km see their tax rise by £30 to £1335 and you'll pay an extra £40 to tax a car that produces CO2s of 226-255g/km (now £1895).
But the heaviest hit is reserved for cars that sit in the over 255g/km group – like the Audi R8 – they now pay first year tax of £2245 – £70 more than before.

Premium car tax, which applies to any car with a list price of £40,000 or more (such as the Mercedes-Benz S-Class) – has also increased from £325 to £335 – which is paid for the first five years after the car's registration.
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks
Mike

Post by Mike »

following on from my brake noise / corrosion issue, car was booked in at Lookers , not the supplying dealer because they couldn't give me a courtesy car and wanted to collect my car which would mean they drove it for approx 25 miles which in my head meant thrashed, anyway they confirmed the front brakes are pitted and the rears are corroded even after I did 300 miles the other week and it has been in my garage pretty much since and they wouldn't replace them under warranty. They said it would cost 500 for the rear discs/ pads which i obviously aren't going to pay, collected car and on their advice contacted ford so we will see what happens next especially since i have already had it in to the supplying dealer a few months after purchase with the same issue. Lookers said it is because of the low miles which yes can contribute slightly but not like this. my Bmw discs/ pads still looked like new after 40K miles doing similar miles per year and as mentioned on other posts my neighbours toyota sits out in all weather for months and no rust. if Ford don't sort it i will either put up with it or get some discs/ pads myself and fit since it is well within my capabilities , not sure if that would affect the warranty going forward in any way though ??
Dealer kept me informed via a link and only black mark against them which was partly my fault because i asked them not to clean my car since i took it in spotless was it came back looking like they had driven it over a ploughed field.