Questions

All Ford Puma related discussions
Mike

Post by Mike »

My job today is to go through the manual and figure stuff out but in the meantime can anyone help

Puddle lights - are they just a light or should a symbol appear on the ground
Keyless entry - I am having to use my fob, I don’t have power tailgate option , is it in settings to check if activated.
When driving noticed a green foot pedal appear on the left side of dash , is that to warn me to slow down because it seams to appear with a twisty road symbol

Thanks to anyone who can help
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Your symbol question was discussed here:- viewtopic.php?t=496 AFAIK, it's a reminder to press the clutch before starting - As if the great big warning message wasn't enough... :D

The puddle lights are just lights for us mere mortals....The Vignale has a Puma symbol and I think the ST has 'ST' symbol that shines down.

Keyless entry can be found in the Settings - Vehicle - Locks - Key free I believe.

Hope that helps a bit...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:08 am Keyless entry - I am having to use my fob, I don’t have power tailgate option , is it in settings to check if activated.
I could be massively wrong here, are you sure you don't just have keyless start?

I thought keyless entry only comes with power tailgate?

Do you have these little indents on the front door handles. These are the keyless lock buttons.

PXL_20201227_103641866.jpg

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:39 am
Mike wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:08 am Keyless entry - I am having to use my fob, I don’t have power tailgate option , is it in settings to check if activated.
I could be massively wrong here, are you sure you don't just have keyless start?

I thought keyless entry only comes with power tailgate?

Do you have these little indents on the front door handles. These are the keyless lock buttons.

PXL_20201227_103641866.jpg
You could be right, I've just looked at the latest specs and only the Vignale comes with keyless entry as standard...... https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxe ... L-Puma.pdf
Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks

Looks like I don’t have keyless entry , no symbols on door handle and not available in settings, not a big problem . You live and learn
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Mike wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:08 am When driving noticed a green foot pedal appear on the left side of dash , is that to warn me to slow down because it seams to appear with a twisty road symbol

It sounds like the Eco Coach. If it thinks that you are not driving economically it appears telling you to slow down. I get this every time I approach speed limits, roundabouts etc. You can turn it off.
https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... Market=GBR
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Sparks wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:51 am You could be right, I've just looked at the latest specs and only the Vignale comes with keyless entry as standard...... https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxe ... L-Puma.pdf
That's right. My Vignale has keyless entry, but not the power tailgate.

But that leads me to ask another question. If I exit the car and have the keyfob in my pocket, I can lock the door by pressing the raised bars on the top of the handle. However, if I leave the fob inside the car, it won't lock. How the heck does it know whether the fob is in or out of the car?
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

paulcurtis wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:57 am
Sparks wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:51 am You could be right, I've just looked at the latest specs and only the Vignale comes with keyless entry as standard...... https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxe ... L-Puma.pdf
That's right. My Vignale has keyless entry, but not the power tailgate.

But that leads me to ask another question. If I exit the car and have the keyfob in my pocket, I can lock the door by pressing the raised bars on the top of the handle. However, if I leave the fob inside the car, it won't lock. How the heck does it know whether the fob is in or out of the car?
Voodoo! :shock:
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

:lol:
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

It's the very same voodoo that refuses to recognise your foot when you're trying to kick the tailgate open.... Bloody spiteful.