Questions

All Ford Puma related discussions
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

3 yrs has always been the norm in the UK. Toyota, Hyundai and Kia upped the game and now Renault have joined in. I also believe Citroen offer 5 yrs if you buy online only.

Like any warranty its all in the small print and I think you have to read carefully as to what's covered and not.

If you're certain that you intend to keep your car for longer than 3yrs then I believe it's best to buy from a manufacturer offering a longer base warranty.

With more and more cars becoming tech loaded and the addition of complex powetrains and electronic modules, means that I will no longer have a car outside of the manufacturer's warranty period.

My Puma will be my last PCP, I intend to swap to straight lease or contract hire in the future.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I've also been considering leasing for my next vehicle.... Whoever that's from.
Continual PCP seems pointless if I'm to change my car every couple of years and as you say staying in warranty with newer cars would be ideal.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Check out leaseloco.com there's some great offers, especially on run out models in stock. You just need to not be fussy. I could have an s tronic Audi TT for less than my Puma costs at the moment 😄
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Thanks, I'll give there site a good going over tonight.
Mike

Post by Mike »

There are loads of companies, just got to find the best deal, my family have used select car leasing before, I found my brother in law a Kia Sportage new shape for a small deposit and approx 130. / month a couple of years back, my niece has just ordered a vow t roc for approx 200/ month. Only problem is they go through the car extremely thoroughly when handed back., they wanted 1000 to sort the Kia out and there was honestly nothing wrong with it, they settled on a few hundred. You have to keep it the full length of the lease but they cover road tax and it is cheaper but you don’t have the option to buy at the end or hopefully have a bit extra for your next deposit.
Most dealers will do lease PCH.
Personal choice I guess, you can register with companies and they send you their latest offers if they have access to cars the manufacturer wants rid of eg when I had my bmw there was an offer for a 420 msport fir 200/ month and less than a grand deposit
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

The majority of lease deals work out considerably cheaper than PCP perhaps they work on wholesale price rather than retail and having to cover dealers overheads?

As long as any damage meets industry fair wear and tear you shouldn't have any problem.

I've learnt that the better your credit rating the lower your down payment needs to be to qualify for finance.

I look at the total cost of the lease including the down payment divided by 36 to ensure the car is in my budget.

Yes, you keep the car for the entire agreement and if your circumstances change it can be costly to get out of your contract, as can a PCP deal.

The only downside I can see is trying to negotiate a factory order with the spec, extras and colour you want.

Some of the guys I work with have leased for years and haven't had any problems.
My Pumas called Bob

Post by My Pumas called Bob »

Some interesting food for thought about leasing and possible ways forward in the future.

Saw a You Tube video reviewing the Puma in Australia - it has the megabox but without a plug hole plus a spare wheel. Throw in the 5 year warranty, and as its a right hand drive this sounds like the perfect , complete package !
on my 3rd Puma - 24 reg Vivid Ruby Edition 125 hybrid manual
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

My Pumas called Bob wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:45 am Some interesting food for thought about leasing and possible ways forward in the future.

Saw a You Tube video reviewing the Puma in Australia - it has the megabox but without a plug hole plus a spare wheel. Throw in the 5 year warranty, and as its a right hand drive this sounds like the perfect , complete package !
No plughole?.....It's not perfect or complete then... :lol:
Mike

Post by Mike »

Any one noticed if they get a lot of brake noise as though you have rusty brakes, mostly noticeable when you are just about stationary with radio off. Been using mine everyday this week and cannot really see much on the discs although they do look a little pitted . Not something I have noticed before so wondering is it common on the puma ( pad material) or do I need to further investigate?
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
sinlessUK

Post by sinlessUK »

Mike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:07 am Any one noticed if they get a lot of brake noise as though you have rusty brakes, mostly noticeable when you are just about stationary with radio off. Been using mine everyday this week and cannot really see much on the discs although they do look a little pitted . Not something I have noticed before so wondering is it common on the puma ( pad material) or do I need to further investigate?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=724
https://topcashback.co.uk/ref/simon | https://surfshark.club/friend/Fbv9yqHV | https://share.octopus.energy/flax-elm-797 | https://electroverse.octopus.energy/network/sign-up?referralCode=flax-elm-797 | https://app.tronity.io/signup/QJJDFDC6