Questions

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

Sorry, I meant it didn’t connect until the engine was running

I didn’t think to check how long it stayed connected once engine was off. Might give it another test tomorrow to see how long it stays connected

Deleted User 361

Re-tested this morning and the car actually connected to my WiFi as soon as I opened the door (didn’t have to start engine as I previously thought)

It disconnected, according to router, within a minute of me re-locking the car
Mike

Post by Mike »

Pulled my car out this morning and was connected straight away, did a scan and no updates required.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

Anyone know how much the 48v battery would cost, curious for when I’m done with the car and the warranty is out, incase any family want it
Deleted User 361

Mike wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:11 pm Pulled my car out this morning and was connected straight away, did a scan and no updates required.
You can also check for sync and map updates on fords site

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... /update#/
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mike wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:12 pm Anyone know how much the 48v battery would cost, curious for when I’m done with the car and the warranty is out, incase any family want it
They cost thousands...However, they are built to last around 100,000 miles, so car life basically.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

How does everyone’s gear change feel, I know my car has only 700 miles on it but 1st to 2nd feels like I am forcing it sometimes.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Mine changes nicely in all gears smooth but positive.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mike

Post by Mike »

The rest of the gears are ok, I would say with a mechanical feel to them not the smoothest I have ever driven but ok, 1st to 2nd though as I said feels like I am forcing it in sometimes unless I take a little longer than normal where it goes in a little better. Hopefully gets better with miles.
My Pumas called Bob

Post by My Pumas called Bob »

A question regarding the Ford warranty. Its a 5 year warranty in Australia with unlimited mileage,

Is this due to market specific conditions in Australia where this is expected by the consumer as the "norm" ? It is a 3 year warranty in New Zealand. Would the extra sales generated offset the additional warranty claims if a 5 year warranty was introduced to the UK? As a newcomer to Ford (from Kia) a 5 year warranty would have tipped the balance in favour of the Puma over the Kia XCeed for me a lot quicker had it been offered. Going from a 7 year (with Kia) to a 3 year warranty took a lot of thinking about, were a 5 year warranty offered it would have made the decision much easier to make.

Apologies if Im wrong here, but I believe they also drive on the left side of the road in Australia. Does this mean that as cars come off the production line they could be destined for either the UK or Oz or NZ ? - if yes then in theory we in the UK can find some reassurance that Ford would have been happy to offer a 5 year warranty on our vehicle if it had ended up in Oz instead. Or, is extra time and attention given to the vehicles whilst in production that are destined for the Australian market given the extra length of warranty ?
on my 3rd Puma - 24 reg Vivid Ruby Edition 125 hybrid manual