Questions

All Ford Puma related discussions
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

😂🍀⬆️

Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

tonyt2021 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:58 am I think engine needs to be running for updates to install

My router doesn’t show car connected. Am going to run the engine tomorrow and see if it connects then
Ran a couple of tests and the car was only connected to the home WiFi while the engine was running
Mike

Post by Mike »

tonyt2021 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:45 pm
tonyt2021 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:58 am I think engine needs to be running for updates to install

My router doesn’t show car connected. Am going to run the engine tomorrow and see if it connects then
Ran a couple of tests and the car was only connected to the home WiFi while the engine was running
Thanks, will try it at the weekend
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

sinlessUK wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:00 am My car seems to attract all the wrong type of attention. You can't have anything nice these days.

A new windscreen due to something flying off a Range Rover.
A puncture caused by a nail, (at least the TPMS in FordPass works).
Part of the grill is now missing, (more shit off the roads for a guess).

How bad is the paint chip compared to the below. £200+ that's gonna cost to fix. See how much my OCD holds up :(
Feel for you, hopefully everything ok from now. If you cannot live with it maybe look for a 2nd hand grill , seen a few getting stripped already but mainly blue.
I understand your OCD especially when it comes to cars
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:41 pm Syringe to fill the chip with a mix of touch up and clear coat blended. Works a treat for me. Cure with our lasses hair dryer and a quick spot polish with meguairs ultimate compound.
Why do you mix the clear lacquer with the paint? I always assumed that the lacquer was to apply over the paint once dried?

I wasn't very pleased with my previous attempt so have had another go.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

paulcurtis wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:21 am
Wdf76 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:41 pm Syringe to fill the chip with a mix of touch up and clear coat blended. Works a treat for me. Cure with our lasses hair dryer and a quick spot polish with meguairs ultimate compound.
Why do you mix the clear lacquer with the paint? I always assumed that the lacquer was to apply over the paint once dried?

I wasn't very pleased with my previous attempt so have had another go.
I've always blended paint and clear together in very small amounts. Just makes it one job rather than trying to apply paint and then separately clear coat. You're really trying to build up layers in the chip rather than all in one go. It takes time, don't try and fill the chip in one go. I've also used a really, really fine modellers brush. These are my own experiences from trial and error. I've nearly always had lighter coloured cars, chips are far easier to hide.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ford kindly gave me a touch up kit for my car today , so soon as the weather is better i will tackle the stone chip and try and take pics for the more experienced
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Mike wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:12 pm Ford kindly gave me a touch up kit for my car today , so soon as the weather is better i will tackle the stone chip and try and take pics for the more experienced
Very nice, was that via the dealer or customer service?
Mike

Post by Mike »

Dealer
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

Thank you.