convenience check

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Sparks wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:55 am Really? Check around dealers.
https://www.tch.co.uk/servicing-offers/ ... nce-check/

I agree that if it's the standard price, it's probably not worth it.
Aha, my local garage (that I trust, despite them cocking up my original order) is £49.99. Weird how random the pricing seems to be.
https://www.countygarageford.co.uk/pages/ford-service

Anyway, I think the ST variant is 1yr/12000 miles still from what I see on the app.
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack
Bluebrazil

Post by Bluebrazil »

I phoned my dealer today Macklin motors to ask about the ford convenience check I pointed out that it also includes complimentary roadside assistance at the RRP £34.99 after much discussion I was told Macklin motors do their own convenience check but at a higher price and does not include the complimentary roadside assistance so my question is does any garage offer for £35 a convenience check with roadside assistance I very much doubt it unless someone knows different
ST line X Agate Black 20.25 :D
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Yes, there are quite a few, check out the links in this thread...e.g.... https://www.tch.co.uk/servicing-offers/ ... nce-check/
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

SARA-participating-dealer-list-April-18.pdf
(45.09 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
If you go for the service plan at £239 convenience check is included, I've seen some conflict on whether you need to use a "participating Ford dealer " or if you can use any Ford franchised dealer. Before I took out the plan I was assured I could but I've seen a pdf list of participating dealers and my local garage isn't on it? See attached list.
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Omen

Post by Omen »

Thanks for the link, that's useful. Pleased to see my local dealer is on the list.
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Omen wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:07 am Thanks for the link, that's useful. Pleased to see my local dealer is on the list.
No worries 👍
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Just pulled the trigger on the £239 servicing deal after checking everything bought individually, including the Ford Assist, I'd be better off with the package.
I was considering changing the car, but, with all the spec changes etc I doubt they could spec me the same car now.
I've looked around other manufacturers and the only car I'm interested in, at the moment, is the Kia Seltos which they've decided not to sell in Europe. :cry: I'll keep looking but....
Mike

Post by Mike »

Just looked at the list and couldn’t see my supplying dealer on there but will check nearer the time, they gave me a price of 49.95 for the convenience check and I also took the package deal out which they said was ok to use with them but will check the Ford assist renewal.
The dealer that suddenly dropped the price of my trade in( cash back) is on the list so that will be interesting if I have to take it there.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Took mine in for the Convenience check and Ford Assist renewal today. I got a call to tell me that they had spoken to Ford and the service plan I had didn't include the convenience check and renewal.
I said what happens now then, they said it will be £95 if I still wanted it doing. I pointed out that with the plan I bought at £239 plus £95 it would make buying the plan pointless.
Anyway, I had an email and receipt from Ford that clearly stated that the convenience check was included. I forwarded that to them and they talked to Ford again and I got it done, no charge.
Service receptionist, told me that they do their own service plan, nothing to do with Ford, apparently, some sort of direct debit monthly payment.
The car was with the Technician (Mechanic, Grease monkey...whatever) for around 15 minutes, I was sent a video of the underneath check that took around a minute and a half. If I'd had to pay £95 for that I wouldn't have had it done. Even with some of the discounted prices, I wouldn't have been happy.

animated-car-mechanic-image-0020.gif