Help with couple of items in my new Puma

All Ford Puma related discussions
andypet57

Post by andypet57 »

Hi everyone

Have just purchased a new Puma Titanium model and there are a couple of items I would appreciate some guidance on as I cannot find answers in the handbook

1. On the end of the indicator stalk is a button - what is it for ?

2. The one problem I have concerns the nearside electric wingmirror. Using the driver door switch I can adjust the mirror in all directions but I cannot get it in far enough to where its any use for how I like to have a car set up. The drivers side seems to come in a lot further and when right in I can see the rear doors

With the nearside mirror I can just if I lean over see the back edge of the car

Is it safe to push the glass manually or can a mechanic do something with the endstop presumably of the mirror movement

At the moment I find its position no use whatsoever

Hutchy31

Post by Hutchy31 »

I’m sure the Button on indicator stalk is for the distance setting from the vehicle in front of you the adaptive cruise control allows.
Each press alters the distance between u & the vehicle in front.
Are the mirrors elec auto folding ??
If they are id say pop back to dealer n let them look.
If manual ones are you sure the mirror is in its normal drive lock position. Just a thought.
Hope that helps 👍
Puma ST line X. 155bhp,1st edition desert island blue. :roll:
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Hi.

Button on end of indicator stalk switches the lane departure warning system on or off. The type of response to lane departure is configurable in settings

N/S mirror glass is a long standing issue for some owners depending on their height or seating position. I'm sure someone has posted that Ford accept this is an issue. Try a forum Search for the thread.

Welcome to the forum. Hope you like your new car.

Screenshot_20201126-202459.png

andypet57

Post by andypet57 »

Many thanks for the prompt response and great information.

The dealership asked me to pop the car in when I have done 1500 miles for a check over, so I can now with confidence point out the mirror is a problem and not just me having it

cheers
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

andypet57 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:56 pm
1. On the end of the indicator stalk is a button - what is it for ?

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... bled=False
andypet57

Post by andypet57 »

Thank you - out of interest do many people use this aid, in nearly 50 years of driving I have never seen the need for this function
Purplepowerpete

Post by Purplepowerpete »

I have used it on the motorway and it's very useful when in cruise.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Not really no, as I only indicate when changing lanes if I need to give another driver information. This is what you are taught on RoSPA/IAM advanced driving courses.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

andypet57 wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:36 pm Thank you - out of interest do many people use this aid, in nearly 50 years of driving I have never seen the need for this function

I’ve got the Lane Centering as well which steers the car for me :D Also been driving for over 50 years and I always use the Lane Keeping Aid on long motorway journeys and have done for several years now. Lane Centering no.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I leave it off now, it's pretty useless if the white lines are obliterated either by wear or by rain etc. Which, in my opinion is when you would probably benefit from it more.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.