Radio volume reducing on navigation audio prompts?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

microbe wrote: ↑Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:59 pm
Sparks wrote: ↑Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:13 pm
Robsa wrote: ↑Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:56 pm Thanks for all the replies; I presume this means there is no muting on the Ford nav then?
Yes there is....
I used it today and the radio muted when directions were given....
Can you tell us what settings, if any, we need to enable this?
It should be the default, I've not looked at the settings, but, will look tomorrow.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Have you tried adjusting the guidance prompt volume using the volume control dial? You can only.do this when she is speaking.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 am Have you tried adjusting the guidance prompt volume using the volume control dial? You can only.do this when she is speaking.
I think he's asking about it muting while the directions are given, rather than the volume.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Sparks wrote: ↑Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:52 am
Wdf76 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:28 am Have you tried adjusting the guidance prompt volume using the volume control dial? You can only.do this when she is speaking.
I think he's asking about it muting while the directions are given, rather than the volume.
Yeah I get that but I don't see any setting for muting audio for voice prompts, may be start by seeing if the voice prompts are loud enough?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: ↑Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:08 am
Sparks wrote: ↑Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:52 am
Yeah I get that but I don't see any setting for muting audio for voice prompts, may be start by seeing if the voice prompts are loud enough?
I'm not seeing any specific settings either, as I said earlier, it should be just the default. I haven't tried it yet, but, is there a difference between when listening to the radio and playing music from another source either bluetooth or connected? The radio definitely mutes when directions are given.
Robsa

Post by Robsa »

Sparks - how did you get music to mute during Nav directions?

I'm not talking about Apple CarPlay. Android Auto, Amazon, Microsoft, Bing, Google or BMW just to be clear. Ford Nav, listening to (for instance radio) I would like the music to mute or get quieter when directions are read out.]

Thanks!
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Is your Sync software up to date? (20) or previous (19) Have you changed anything in settings? With a sync nav route selected and active my audio volume reduces automatically regardless of what music is playing, DAB, FM or Bluetooth streaming. All works the same.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Robsa wrote: ↑Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:58 pm Sparks - how did you get music to mute during Nav directions?

I'm not talking about Apple CarPlay. Android Auto, Amazon, Microsoft, Bing, Google or BMW just to be clear. Ford Nav, listening to (for instance radio) I would like the music to mute or get quieter when directions are read out.]

Thanks!
Yep, as Wdf76 says, it's just muted during navigation directions since the beginning. I've not done anything in settings, if indeed there is one...
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Robsa wrote: ↑Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:56 pm Thanks for all the replies; I presume this means there is no muting on the Ford nav then?
I think when you adjust the volume when speaking it wil stay at set level ....
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Robsa

Post by Robsa »

Thanks guys, that's very odd. Mine does not do this. Latest nav. Can adjust volume of guidance but radio does not mute at all.