Inside the rear doors

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Thank you Wdf76, a good idea but experience with Ford CRC not good but I will persevere. Not sure silicon sealant is a good idea either. On the plus side the muck etc does't get past the rubber strip.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

I have to say, that i don't have this issue at all. Maybe I've got the only one that they built right! 🤣
Tell a lie, i don't have the surround function. Just turned a year old too. Built 19th November last year.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Pawprint66 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:29 am I have to say, that i don't have this issue at all. Maybe I've got the only one that they built right! 🤣
Tell a lie, i don't have the surround function. Just turned a year old too. Built 19th November last year.
So you don't get any dirt at all inside your doors?
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

No. I'd be telling a fib. But it sounds like the other guys are getting clumps of dirt somewhere. Does it tend to be on the inside of the bottom of the doors or actually on the inner sills and rear arches? If it is, then mine aint like that.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Pawprint66 wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:56 am No. I'd be telling a fib. But it sounds like the other guys are getting clumps of dirt somewhere. Does it tend to be on the inside of the bottom of the doors or actually on the inner sills and rear arches? If it is, then mine aint like that.
I haven't had clumps. But there's definitely dirt on the inside of all 4 doors and the rear arches. I would expect some modification for the face lift. We need a dirty sill comp. Whose are the filthiest...😁
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

:lol: I won't win that then!
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:50 pm There was a inspection directive from Ford some tome ago for the door moulding 20U15, but my dealer maintains there is no problem when plainly there is. The dealer also didn't recognise that number. With the door shut you can feel the gap between the rear door and the rubber strip affixed to the frame. This leaves the bottom edge of the door covered in grit, mud and general grime from the road. There should be a proper fix for this.
That was ST Line door mouldings on the rear doors that collided with the moulding on the front door when opened.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Mike

Post by Mike »

I have a transit and the inside of the doors and wheel arch are always getting dirty, not something I have noticed on any other car I have owned until the Puma
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
alanp

Post by alanp »

Funny enough I’ve just cleaned mine this morning, had to pressure wash the inner rear doors to get the muck off ,
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

I have never seen this much dirt on the inside of rear door on any car, I clean mine once a week and more when the salt is down on the road. My car was at Ford this week to have a new front grill fitted (pheasant hit) and they did 2 recall checks while it was with them. One was to check there was a cap on the computer port and the other was to check the door seals they had to measure the width or height of something to decide if mine needed fixing - apparently it doesn't so I am stuck with the mud, at least it does not get inside the car so its not a big problem but it is a design fault cannot believe nobody at Ford noticed this when it was doing the test track. Still love the car and still not many on the roads, maybe they are struggling to sell during lockdown or they have increased to price too much.