New member looking to buy

All Ford Puma related discussions
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Hi, new member here first post.

Looking to buy a Puma as my B Max Titanium X is 4 years old and done over 30k miles now. Test drove an ST Line X this week and loved the car.

I do want a fully loaded Puma though which means a 125 din mhev Vignale with the driver assistance pack in any colour other than white, but my dealer is only offering a 7% discount (along with a pretty rubbish trade in) which in my experience is quite poor for Ford.

What kind of discounts have you guys been getting, do you think the added benefits of the Vignale over the Titanium X are worthwhile and what are your thoughts on the driver assistance pack?

Maybe a while though as selling the B Max privately during lockdown may prove tricky and I can't imagine Ford getting anywhere near their delivery time targets either.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Hiya.

Any discount is only relevant to an individual dealer. Have you checked the we buy any car figure for your bmax? At least then you'll see the diffrrence. May give you a better price to negotiate with. If you're in a hurry search for a dealer with the car you want in stock. I think you'll always get a better deal helping them to clear a car from their compound.

Good luck to you.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Trade in on the B Max is 7,300. Private sale is 8,500 and dealer sale around 9,500. Ford are only offering 7,000. It will be easy to sell privately as it's in A1 condition with new tyres and has been fully main dealer serviced. A bit of a problem in lockdown though and I could be carless for a while if it takes 3 or 4 months to deliver the Puma.

I'm thinking that the discounts offered are fairly low as the Puma is a new model and will improve over time. What surprises me is that Ford cannot be selling many cars at the moment and I would have thought that they would have been a bit more flexible on their pricing as a result.

I was pretty impressed with the test drive though. Felt at home with the Puma straight away though it would take a while to get used to the regen braking.

List for the Vignale is 25,240 plus paint and the driver assistance pack (the cost of which I've forgotten) which amounts to a hefty price tag for a B Segment vehicle. If I don't go for the top of the range, I will feel like I've spent a lot of money for a lower spec than I currently have.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Have you tried carwow for quotes for the Puma you want?
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Back in March I told my dealer what I wanted and what I wanted to pay. They said that I had no chance and that I was £5500 away from the best they could do.
I walked away saying that I'd get one eventually, Several emails and calls later, in July, they told me that they had an ST-Line X First Edition at the price I originally said was my Limit. (No good for you, it's White.. :D )
So, waiting them out I saved over £5000, keep at it, they will, eventually, succumb..... ;)
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Start with Carwow, once you've got a price go to a Trust Ford Showroom (once open again after lockdown) and show them the best price from Carwow. Not only do they have lots of Puma's already in group stock, they are also wholly owned by Ford and not an independant or franchised dealership which cuts out the middle man and the profit other dealerships have to make.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Thanks guys. I got some prices from carwow and will look again once the second wave is unfer control. Quite a few colours I like, but Ive always found white to be hard work.

Hopefully, there will be an abundance of stock cars in due course.
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

Ford just updated their configurator in where I live (Finland). Options are now more limited. For example cannot get the B&O stereo in regular Titanium spec as an option at all. I bet there'll be some changes coming in the UK also, though not necessarily the same ones.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

I'm not a big music listener, so a posh stereo is never high on my priority list, though with the b max, the stereo upgrade was necessary for the satnav.

B max is due for service and mot mid december, so unless ford can offer a very good deal, i might leave it a while
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ford are offering Military personnel discounts (including Veterans) to those who qualify, through the Motorfinity website.....I think there is about £4500 off the ST line.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.