Front camera

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I notice a front camera is now available from Ford for around £270. Think a voucher is included for dealer fitting. Can't find any spec details. It has an sd card for recording but can it save files at the touch of a button when needed, also what is size and type of sd card. Anybody had done fitted yet.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

I tried two dealers but they were not interested in supplying and fitting it. Are you sure that it comes with a fitting voucher? In the end I got Halfords to fit my old Nextbase 522GW.

2421817 Ford Dashcam Handbook 4.pdf
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 180 times
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

The camera is out of stock anyway but I found this and it doesn't mention a cost so bears further investigation. How it works
1. Select your Ford Dealer during the checkout process
2. A Ford Fitment Voucher will be emailed to you with your order confirmation
3. The parts you have purchased will be delivered to your Ford Dealer within 3 working days
4. Contact your Ford Dealer to make an appointment for the fitment of your parts
5 At your appointment, exchange the Ford Fitment Voucher with your Ford Dealer for fitment of the parts
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I take it this is about the Dashcam as opposed to the front camera?
The price of the Dashcam is ridiculous..........Whatever it does...
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It is a dash cam and it costs £268.00 very expensive but looks the part. see FirstFord 1972 for handbook further up this page
Puma155

Post by Puma155 »

A fitting voucher is not included with the dashcam, you only get the voucher for the mud flaps and tow bar. I was quoted £114 per hour to fit one and takes 1.5 to 2 hrs to do it.

However, I'm on a Facebook puma group and a member has fitted the ford dashcam at home and took him about an hour.
ST-Line X First Edition Plus Lucid Red
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

I had the tiny Garmin 66W fitted by the dealer. It retails for £170, and the dealer charged £250, which was slightly OTT but not too bad. It's fitted in the top LH corner of the screen, so is disadvantaged as not being in the wipe zone, but that's OK.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Deleted User 361

Post by Deleted User 361 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:45 pm I tried two dealers but they were not interested in supplying and fitting it. Are you sure that it comes with a fitting voucher? In the end I got Halfords to fit my old Nextbase 522GW.

2421817 Ford Dashcam Handbook 4.pdf
Many thanks for the link. Now I'll have an idea how to work it once the car arrives! (have downloaded the app ready)

Dealer rang to say the car will be with me in the next week or so (contactless click & collect) so I reminded him they are fitting one of these before I collect it (original salesman is on furlough...)