F9 map update

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

My maps are F8 so downloaded the update file size about 822mb, followed all the instructions and the screen in car shows that the usb stick is recognized so drove around for an hour plus then nothing. Loaded the maps to an sd card, used my usb adapter with the same result. I'm a bit stuck with it so any ideas I would be grateful
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Andi

Post by Andi »

That’s not the Map update, that’s the Sync update!
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Rizmo wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:24 pm My maps are F8 so downloaded the update file size about 822mb, followed all the instructions and the screen in car shows that the usb stick is recognized so drove around for an hour plus then nothing. Loaded the maps to an sd card, used my usb adapter with the same result. I'm a bit stuck with it so any ideas I would be grateful

The map update download will be something like 25 GB.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Ok thanks, but the sync update didn't upload anyway so why is that and where do I find the 25gb map update. I hope you can all cut me a bit of slack with this, it's the most tech loaded car I've owned in more than 55 years.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Only a few people have been offered the F9 map update. The rest of us are still waiting and chasing Ford with no success. If you are not confident performing the Sync update by following the instructions to the letter I would ask your Dealer to do it for you.

All I can say is the instructions work.

I would have a look at the main thread.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=462
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Thanks, my sync software says it's version 3.4 so maybe it's up to date anyway
Andi

Post by Andi »

It won’t let you get the map update until you have done the Sync update and sent off the log report file. But, Ford don’t seem able to update their system when you have sent them the log file, so it continues to offer you the a Sync update!
As luck would have it, from what I have read, there doesn’t seem to be much of a map update anyway. Another Ford hash up 🤣🤣
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

I'm on 14 days since log file uploaded, still isn't recognised
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Those on the forum who have made a recent successful update is the latest software 3.4 or something else
robgee

Post by robgee »

Mine shows as 3.4.20136 which is the latest official version available.
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)