Unable to identify what this button does

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 239

Post by Deleted User 239 »

Still getting used to the new car and associated tech. For the life of me I can’t find any reference to this button on the steering wheel. It must be somewhere in the manual but I can’t see it. Any of you folks able to point me in the right direction. ST Line X with driver assistance pack.
Thanks in advance.

0F4EB4BF-223C-41A3-B973-4B40E2C47E2B.jpeg

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

If you have adaptive cruise set up this button changes your distance to the car in front. Each time the button is pressed the distance to a car in front changes by one bar of distance, forgot the actual amount. I usually maintain 3 bars distance otherwise you leave a gap that Rodney in his A4 dives into at any opportunity.

You can see this by looking at the centre display on the dash, at the bottom that usually has a graphic of a car when a vehicle a vehicle in front is detected.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Deleted User 239

Post by Deleted User 239 »

Many thanks for the info. That really helps me. I’ll give it a go when enabling adaptive speed control. At least I now know what it does 👍 thanks again for the rapid feedback.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

only downside to leaving a big gap, you'll always have some motorist pushing in and you'll end up with brakes lunging in to slow you down.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Spearmint wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:01 pm only downside to leaving a big gap, you'll always have some motorist pushing in and you'll end up with brakes lunging in to slow you down.
Yes, I find that the minimum setting is fine and about the distance I leave naturally. That said, I've still had a couple of idiots either pulling out or in to the gap.. :evil:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

2 is the lowest I go. Don't trust the software that much for 1 ;)
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I go on 3 for less stone chips.
paulv

Post by paulv »

i was going to say i need to have it on 2 to try and prevent pillocks nipping in, but when you mentioned stone chips I may have to review. I seem to average one or two cracked windscreens per car, and had my first 'ding' a couple of days ago - i was hoping that the Puma might have had a deflector shield fitted :)
reminds me - new episode of Star Trek Discovery today, woohoo!
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D