Lane Centering in "Driver Assistance Pack"

All Ford Puma related discussions

Does Ford Puma have "Lane Centring" in the "Driver Assistance Pack" ?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 17

Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:58 pm I have the 'can' (cancel) button on the steering wheel where you have the lane centering button. Is this only on auto pumas?

I don’t know, the manual only refers to “ Vehicles With: Adaptive Cruise Control With (or Without) Lane Centering. A little bit of research looks like automatic only as lane centering is included with stop & go. The Puma price list description for Driver Assistance Pack includes “ACC Stop and Go incl. Traffic Jam Assist (Automatic Only),”.
Last edited by Deleted User 229 on Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:22 pm
I don’t know, the manual only refers to “ Vehicles With: Adaptive Cruise Control With (or Without) Lane Centering.
Ahh ok, I'm without lane centering then.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:58 pm I have the 'can' (cancel) button on the steering wheel where you have the lane centering button. Is this only on auto pumas?
That's what I have, AFAIK it just cancels the speed the cruise is set at.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Sparks wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:25 pm
That's what I have, AFAIK it just cancels the speed the cruise is set at.
Do you not have anything in the settings menu that turns Adaptive cruise on or off? It's part of the Drivers assistance pack. If you don't have that then, no, you won't have it.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Yeah I can switch between standard and adaptive cruise.

I also have lane departure but not lane centering, looks as though it's an option only on auto cars.

So how do you cancel cruise in pumas with the lane centering button?

I usually use the 'can' button when approaching roundabouts etc then press resume when I want to go back into cruise at the same speed.

I suppose alternatives are pressing the cruise control button or the good old brake pedal.
Deleted User 229

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:47 pm So how do you cancel cruise in pumas with the lane centering button?

I was used to a Cancel button but you very quickly get used to simply pressing the Cruise Control button again to cancel. Pressing it again while it is cancelled switches it off. I have to say I am using the ACC about 80% of the time, love the stop go. Good for us old folk with just one button.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:19 pm I was used to a Cancel button but you very quickly get used to simply pressing the Cruise Control button again to cancel. Pressing it again while it is cancelled switches it off. I have to say I am using the ACC about 80% of the time, love the stop go. Good for us old folk with just one button.
Ok I get you. Stop go, how does it work? Do you have to be in cruise. Does it work in all situations, crawling through congestion and coming to a stop at traffic lights etc? Do you find yourself covering the brake pedal just in case? You're almost driving autonomously.
Deleted User 229

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 pm
FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:19 pm I was used to a Cancel button but you very quickly get used to simply pressing the Cruise Control button again to cancel. Pressing it again while it is cancelled switches it off. I have to say I am using the ACC about 80% of the time, love the stop go. Good for us old folk with just one button.
Ok I get you. Stop go, how does it work? Do you have to be in cruise. Does it work in all situations, crawling through congestion and coming to a stop at traffic lights etc? Do you find yourself covering the brake pedal just in case? You're almost driving autonomously.

Stop Go in Adaptive Cruise control. It simply works. If a light is changing to red I always take over unless there is a good queue of cars for the system to follow. The same with junctions and round-a-bouts. No need to hover over the brake pedal.

Probably the only downside is when a car in front is turning off left or right, it takes longer than normal to pick up speed again, not until it is out of sight but I have learnt to hit the accelerator if this happens.

Just because I haven't got any proof, I do keep an eye on the vehicle following me as I'm still not 100% sure that the system applies the brake lights. It would be silly if it didn't. :D
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:40 pm
Wdf76 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Stop Go in Adaptive Cruise control. It simply works. If a light is changing to red I always take over unless there is a good queue of cars for the system to follow. The same with junctions and round-a-bouts. No need to hover over the brake pedal.

Probably the only downside is when a car in front is turning off left or right, it takes longer than normal to pick up speed again, not until it is out of sight but I have learnt to hit the accelerator if this happens.

Just because I haven't got any proof, I do keep an eye on the vehicle following me as I'm still not 100% sure that the system applies the brake lights. It would be silly if it didn't. :D

:lol: :lol: It definitely does apply the brake lights. It was one of the first things I tested when I got mine back in January on the non lit kent stretch of the M25. Could see the reflection of the brake lights coming on against roadsign gantries behind.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:39 am
Jiipee wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:42 am
JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:45 pm

Intelligent Cruise control is the same as Adaptive Cruise Control, the only difference is the Intelligent uses the camera to automatically maintain speed according to the roadside or variable speed signs aswell as maintain the distance between the car infront. Therefore part of the drivers assistance pack.
The part where it reads the traffic signs and limits your speed accordingly comes as standard in all Pumas. One doesn't need to have the driver assist pack. It's called intelligent speed assist or in Puma brochure: intelligent speed limiter.

I wasn't talking about the intelligent speed limiter. I was talking about intelligent cruise control in reference to what Andi posted. Read my post again!
I did now and understand what you meant. First I thought you meant that the ability to read road signs and adjust the speed is only available if one has the driver assistant pack. Then I meant to correct it by saying it's there even without the assistant pack in a form of that intelligent speed limiter. Also confused me since there's no such thing in the Puma specs/brochure in Ford site. There they're separated as adaptive cc and intelligent speed limiter, but now I understand that they're combined into something called intelligent cc in the car menus if one has the driver assist pack.
Last edited by Jiipee on Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.