Lane Centering in "Driver Assistance Pack"

All Ford Puma related discussions

Does Ford Puma have "Lane Centring" in the "Driver Assistance Pack" ?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 17

Andi

Post by Andi »

I don’t believe the a Puma has the Lane Centering, just a lane keeping assist and lane departure warning system.
The Driver Assist Pack (blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, a self-parking system, front parking sensors and rear-view camera)
Mine also has the Intelligent Cruise control, but I’m not sure What pack that came with 🤷‍♂️

Duncraig

Post by Duncraig »

For those wondering on how effective it is I tried taking my hands off and got a warning to keep both hands on the wheel!!
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Andi wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 pm I don’t believe the a Puma has the Lane Centering, just a lane keeping assist and lane departure warning system.
The Driver Assist Pack (blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, a self-parking system, front parking sensors and rear-view camera)
Mine also has the Intelligent Cruise control, but I’m not sure What pack that came with 🤷‍♂️
Intelligent Cruise control is the same as Adaptive Cruise Control, the only difference is the Intelligent uses the camera to automatically maintain speed according to the roadside or variable speed signs aswell as maintain the distance between the car infront. Therefore part of the drivers assistance pack.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:45 pm
Andi wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 pm I don’t believe the a Puma has the Lane Centering, just a lane keeping assist and lane departure warning system.
Intelligent Cruise control is the same as Adaptive Cruise Control, the only difference is the Intelligent uses the camera to automatically maintain speed according to the roadside or variable speed signs aswell as maintain the distance between the car infront. Therefore part of the drivers assistance pack.
The part where it reads the traffic signs and limits your speed accordingly comes as standard in all Pumas. One doesn't need to have the driver assist pack. It's called intelligent speed assist or in Puma brochure: intelligent speed limiter.
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

This video pretty much sums up how the lane keeping assist and warning works. Still about the same as 8 years ago :D
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:59 pm On my Titanium it is a button on the steering wheel and not a button on the direction indicator stalk. I have tried it in Aid mode and didn't like the active steering keeping it in the centre of the lane.

Sorry, I have only just discovered (I am getting too old!) that the Lane Keeping Aid is on the direction indicator stalk (first photo) and is standard on all Pumas. In fact the same place as my old C-Max.

The Lane Centering On and Off is the button on the steering wheel (second photo). I have been pressing the Lane Centering button thinking it was the Lane Keeping Aid and couldn't understand why I was getting active steering when I had set it to Alert only. I love this car, I learn something new every day :D

DSC003131.jpg

DSC003141.jpg

JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Jiipee wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:42 am
JackTheLad87 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:45 pm
The part where it reads the traffic signs and limits your speed accordingly comes as standard in all Pumas. One doesn't need to have the driver assist pack. It's called intelligent speed assist or in Puma brochure: intelligent speed limiter.

I wasn't talking about the intelligent speed limiter. I was talking about intelligent cruise control in reference to what Andi posted. Read my post again!
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Andi

Post by Andi »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:00 am
FirstFord1972 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:59 pm On my Titanium it is a button on the steering wheel and not a button on the direction indicator stalk. I have tried it in Aid mode and didn't like the active steering keeping it in the centre of the lane.

Sorry, I have only just discovered (I am getting too old!) that the Lane Keeping Aid is on the direction indicator stalk (first photo) and is standard on all Pumas. In fact the same place as my old C-Max.

The Lane Centering On and Off is the button on the steering wheel (second photo). I have been pressing the Lane Centering button thinking it was the Lane Keeping Aid and couldn't understand why I was getting active steering when I had set it to Alert only. I love this car, I learn something new every day :D

DSC003131.jpg

DSC003141.jpg
That’s very interesting, I don’t have that button

[img][/

BA416E5A-4A39-4718-82F1-39D298E79674.png

img]
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Andi wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:23 pm
FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:00 am

DSC003131.jpg

DSC003141.jpg
That’s very interesting, I don’t have that button

[img][/BA416E5A-4A39-4718-82F1-39D298E79674.pngimg]
No, neither have I, the various modes are accessed via the vehicle settings.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I have the 'can' (cancel) button on the steering wheel where you have the lane centering button. Is this only on auto pumas?