Lane Centering in "Driver Assistance Pack"

All Ford Puma related discussions

Does Ford Puma have "Lane Centring" in the "Driver Assistance Pack" ?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes: 17

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Jiipee wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:29 pm There is not such thing as intelligent cruise control.
Wrong.... My FE has intelligent cruise control.

This will set the cars speed to the speed limit signs the camera sees and maintain it.

It is however unreliable as my traffic sign recognition camera software has not been updated and is capable of doing some stupid things like applying the brakes on the motorway for a non existant 50mph limit

I also have intelligent speed limiter which is just as useless.....

Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 pm
Jiipee wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:29 pm There is not such thing as intelligent cruise control.

This will set the cars speed to the speed limit signs the camera sees and maintain it.

It is however unreliable as my traffic sign recognition camera software has not been updated and is capable of doing some stupid things like applying the brakes on the motorway for a non existant 50mph limit

Okay, so I assume you mean it's in the car settings? I'm just referring to the specs presented in the Ford site and brochures which are lacking such a thing. I guess one only has it in the menus if the driver assistance pack is installed and it's a some kind of combination of adaptive cruise control and intelligent speed limiter.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Jiipee wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:54 pm
Wdf76 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:40 pm

Okay, so I assume you mean it's in the car settings? I'm just referring to the specs presented in the Ford site and brochures which are lacking such a thing. I guess one only has it in the menus if the driver assistance pack is installed and it's a some kind of combination of adaptive cruise control and intelligent speed limiter.
Apology accepted :lol: ... I've had my Puma since early January and there definitely is Intelligent Cruise Control as per my previous post. I use it all the time. Especially on motorways where the variable speed limit is switched on, now I've had my camera software updated it works flawlessly and automatically slows the car down/speeds back up when the signs change all while still maintaining distance with the car in front.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Jiipee wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:29 pm
JackTheLad87 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:39 am
Jiipee wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:42 am
The part where it reads the traffic signs and limits your speed accordingly comes as standard in all Pumas. One doesn't need to have the driver assist pack. It's called intelligent speed assist or in Puma brochure: intelligent speed limiter.

I wasn't talking about the intelligent speed limiter. I was talking about intelligent cruise control in reference to what Andi posted. Read my post again!
I did now and understand what you meant. First I thought you meant that the ability to read road signs and adjust the speed is only available if one has the driver assistant pack. Then I meant to correct it by saying it's there even without the assistant pack in a form of that intelligent speed limiter. Also confused me since there's no such thing in the Puma specs/brochure in Ford site. There they're separated as adaptive cc and intelligent speed limiter, but now I understand that they're combined into something called intelligent cc in the car menus if one has the driver assist pack.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources- ... se-control

https://www.ford.com/technology/driver- ... e-control/

It's mentioned in the technology sections of both the ford UK site, and US site.
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
paulv

Post by paulv »

intelligent cruise control yes I have it too
whether it's intelligent or not is another matter...
I have noticed that my car seems to recognise lower speed limits on side roads, so for example if I am on a 50mph road, the traffic sign recognition will change to 30 or 20 maybe as I pass side roads set at that limit.
I wouldn't like to have the car suddenly slow down because of this
also on motorways it doesnt always recognise matrix signs, or will miss the national speed limit sign after passing through roadworks
it's just not reliable enough for me to trust right now
i prefer adaptive cruise control and watching my own speeds for now at least...
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

paulv wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:13 am intelligent cruise control yes I have it too
I have noticed that my car seems to recognise lower speed limits on side roads, so for example if I am on a 50mph road, the traffic sign recognition will change to 30 or 20 maybe as I pass side roads set at that limit.
also on motorways it doesnt always recognise matrix signs, or will miss the national speed limit sign after passing through roadworks
All seems to be cured after the software update for this system. I should really take mine in to be done.
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Wdf76 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:49 am
paulv wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:13 am intelligent cruise control yes I have it too
All seems to be cured after the software update for this system. I should really take mine in to be done.

Yes I can confirm the software update is all it needs. Mine picks up every sign now, even the really tiny digital ones in the southbound Blackwall Tunnel. Also it used to pick up a random 50mph on a slip road parrallel to the main carriageway which slowed me down while on the M25. Since the update it no longer does this. I wonder if the update combines the camera with GPS or sat nav data as a backup?
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:15 am Yes I can confirm the software update is all it needs. Mine picks up every sign now, even the really tiny digital ones in the southbound Blackwall Tunnel. Also it used to pick up a random 50mph on a slip road parrallel to the main carriageway which slowed me down while on the M25. Since the update it no longer does this. I wonder if the update combines the camera with GPS or sat nav data as a backup?
Did you ever get a ticket after it took off on you that time?
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Wdf76 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:57 pm
JackTheLad87 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:15 am Yes I can confirm the software update is all it needs. Mine picks up every sign now, even the really tiny digital ones in the southbound Blackwall Tunnel. Also it used to pick up a random 50mph on a slip road parrallel to the main carriageway which slowed me down while on the M25. Since the update it no longer does this. I wonder if the update combines the camera with GPS or sat nav data as a backup?
Did you ever get a ticket after it took off on you that time?
Nah nothing ever came through, so I either imagined it or it was within the 60 second threshold of the gantry changing. Hopefully now I've had the software update it won't happen again :lol:
fordpumaAutomatic

Post by fordpumaAutomatic »

[/quote]
FirstFord1972 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:00 am
FirstFord1972 wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:59 pm
Does anyone else with the "Driver Assistance Package" have those buttons on the steering wheel?

DSC003131.jpg

DSC003141.jpg