Tyre Pressure Display

All Ford Puma related discussions
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Does anybody know how the tyre pressure monitoring works? I have just checked mine and all four wheels are spot on!

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Sensors within the tyre AFAIK...Reset your pressure monitor by pressing and holding OK on the steering wheel, until it resets.....See what it does then.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:11 pm Does anybody know how the tyre pressure monitoring works? I have just checked mine and all four wheels are spot on!
Pressure sensors on each wheel pressures are transmitted by radio signal to your car. They're not cheap to replace out of warranty.
Bigal

Post by Bigal »

I noticed that the app constantly monitors the tyre pressure.. On my beemer I've got to drive for a minute before they register. Must be two different types of sensors.. By the way she's loving how low tech my 3 series is compared to the puma πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
shroppumadriver

Post by shroppumadriver »

Is it possible to view the tyre pressures without resorting to the app.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

shroppumadriver wrote: ↑Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:15 pm Is it possible to view the tyre pressures without resorting to the app.

Yes, it’s one of the selected displays like Trip 1, Trip 2, MPG etc. on the dashboard.
shroppumadriver

Post by shroppumadriver »

Thanks for the help.
I really miss not having a hard copy handbook

Next job is to study fordpass
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

shroppumadriver wrote: ↑Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:21 pm Thanks for the help.
I really miss not having a hard copy handbook

Next job is to study fordpass
Look here for a download version....

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle ... our-manual

Or, here, for a read....

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford ... =GBR&div=f
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

I thought the tyre pressure monitor only worked by detecting changes in the tyre pressure, so as you top them up with air, you'd reset it in the car and then as soon as the sensors detect a change in pressure it'll warn you?
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Yokomoko wrote: ↑Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:44 pm I thought the tyre pressure monitor only worked by detecting changes in the tyre pressure, so as you top them up with air, you'd reset it in the car and then as soon as the sensors detect a change in pressure it'll warn you?
Bit more advanced these days. The sensors are constantly monitoring the tyre pressure. Makes it easy to check your cold pressures before you set off. Our old Mazda2 has the last system that just detects a pressure loss and alerts you via a light on the dash. Issue being you can't tell which tyre is deflating without getting out and giving them a kick, or is flat at the bottom, which is always a bad sign......