Ford Puma (New) Automatic Ecoboost 1.0 (Non Hybrid) - Is it fast enough?

All Ford Puma related discussions
fordpumaAutomatic

Post by fordpumaAutomatic »

Hello, I have spent far too long searching Youtube and Google for this but have not found a clear answer.

The automatic only comes with the Ecoboost 1.0 (without hybrid technology).

1) Is it fast enough? even without the hybrid technology
2) Any idea what the real 0-60 is or the torque figure, 170Nm with 200Nm overboost?(non-hybrid)

Any kind of input after test-driving it is welcomed

Thank You

Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Hi, in Sports mode it accelerates faster than my old 155ps c-max. The published 0-62 is 10.2 secs with a torque 200 Nm. Note if you want manual paddles on your steering wheel then go for the Vignale (maybe ST Line as well). They are not on my Titanium Auto.
Last edited by Deleted User 229 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bigal

Post by Bigal »

fordpumaAutomatic wrote: ↑Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:58 am Hello, I have spent far too long searching Youtube and Google for this but have not found a clear answer.

The automatic only comes with the Ecoboost 1.0 (without hybrid technology).

1) Is it fast enough? even without the hybrid technology
2) Any idea what the real 0-60 is or the torque figure, 170Nm with 200Nm overboost?(non-hybrid)

Any kind of input after test-driving it is welcomed

Thank You
Hi, we have the non hybrid model. I think the dealer said it was one of the last non hybrid models. Its a manual we have. Not really booted it but it does feel quite nippy and sat at 60 mph no bother. I don't think it will have any problems cruising down the motorway either.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Is it 'Fast enough' for what?
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

Feeling of "having fast enough" car depends on your previous vehicle.
When I bought my current Fiesta 1.0 125bhp car it felt super fast compared to the old Fiesta I had. Now it doesn't feel that fast but the acceleration is very good in 3rd gear when overtaking some trucks etc. My next car will probably be Puma 155bhp or automatic 125bhp. With auto I wouldn't probably notice much different to my current Fiesta but with the 155bhp it's slightly faster and had more torque low down.

So in conclusion the feeling of good acceleration is subjective and it depends on what car you had previously.
fordpumaAutomatic

Sparks wrote: ↑Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:07 am Is it 'Fast enough' for what?
Fast enough for overtaking "slow or annoying drivers", possibly in the opposite lane, at speeds of say around 30-40mph.
Having the feeling that you can get out of situations when needed in the city and perimeter 30-50mph (not talking about highway/motorway)

great question btw
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Should be quick enough for most situations. Depends on your need to overtake. I gave up on the ST thing as all you'd do after overtaking is start planning your next one, followed by a third and finally a red light where you all come to a stop.

These days I just tend to go with the flow, unless there's some hypermiling Yaris in front....

The only issue I see with the titanium auto is that there's no facility to operate the gearbox in manual mode (paddles or shifter), to hold a gear through an overtake. Am I right?
fordpumaAutomatic

Yes, ST-Line and above get paddles behind the steering wheel. Titanium does not have them.

I test-drove the Titanium Automatic in Sport Mode and acceleration was instantaneous at low speeds but I did not get a chance to floor it or overtake aggressively during the test drive!
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

There's nothing like a spirited test drive. The puma I took out had 25miles on the clock. Beware of the ex-demo sale that's never been run in sympathetically.....
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Wdf76 wrote: ↑Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:24 am There's nothing like a spirited test drive. The puma I took out had 25miles on the clock. Beware of the ex-demo sale that's never been run in sympathetically.....
Haven't heard 'Run in' for a while.... :D
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.