Ford Puma Titanium vs ST-Line (Normal Suspension vs Sport Suspension)

All Ford Puma related discussions

Did you pick the normal suspension (Titanium) or the sports suspension (ST-Line and above)

Normal Suspension (Titanium)
25%
Sport Suspension (ST-Line and above)
75%

Total votes: 12

fordpumaAutomatic

Post by fordpumaAutomatic »

The Titanium comes with a normal suspension and massage seats.
The ST-Line and above come with a Sport Suspension and Sport Seats.

• Has anyone driven both and can say what the real difference is?
  • Is the ride much harder with the sports suspension? or just louder?
  • Is the normal suspension good enough for spirited driving?
  • Are the seats in Titaniums good enough or do I need the sport seats are kind of good driving?
Any kind of input on their differences or which one you personally decided to buy after test-driving both

Thank You
Last edited by fordpumaAutomatic on Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I drove both when I ordered mine....I found the Titanium to be nice to drive and the massage seats were OK, but, not what I was expecting. The ST line X FE which I have seems slightly better in the corners with less roll. Of course the stiffer suspension can be felt on rougher roads, but, not enough to make it uncomfortable. The seats are much more supportive in the ST line. I've driven a few long journeys (2 hours plus) and haven't felt any fatigue.
I would say, that if you want 'spirited' driving to be your norm, then the sports seats and suspension win out.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. đźš·đźšł
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Our test drive was in an ST line (might have been X, can’t remember). The suspension did feel firmer than the Titanium we went for, and the seats did fit the body better.

That said I drove up to the Scottish Highlands with only a short break and found the Titanium seats very comfortable (I’m 6’2” and have back problems)

No doubt the ST Line is better but I had great fun racing around the quiet B roads in sport mode :D
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter
fordpumaAutomatic

Post by fordpumaAutomatic »

Seats were better in the ST-Line
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

fordpumaAutomatic wrote: ↑Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:38 pm Seats were better in the ST-Line

A matter of opinion :D I prefer the luxury seats with massage.
paulv

Post by paulv »

I'd forgotten about the sport suspension in mine if I'm honest
I have found it very comfortable and on a par with my last car mondeo vignale - but I'm no expert

as regards massage seats, I hardly used them on the mondeo, and don't expect to at all on this one - I would much sooner have had air conditioned seats - which were really good in the mondeo
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D