Road Sign Camera Recognition Puma St Line X F Edition

All Ford Puma related discussions
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Picked up my new Puma last week love everything about it except the camera will not pick up road signs like my old Fiesta any ideas why?? it will pick up signs for the first few miles then stays locked on 60 mph for 5 miles then will change to the correct speed out of the blue, any idea how this can be fixed i really want it to work like the Fiesta. I think it pick some road signs up using GPS? The camera is working as it will pick signs up but then stops working. Really annoying!!

Many Thanks

Mike

Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Just read the other thread on here about the Traffic Sign Recognition looks like its going into Ford for a software download hope it works.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Not got my Puma yet, but, in my Fiesta Active the speed recognition is very accurate, but, doesn't seem to work by seeing road signs alone (if at all). GPS was a major factor, i.e. if you turned from a junction into a road with no speed signs it just changed correctly. One road I use, the signs have been vandalised and painted out on a section that changes the speed restriction for a short distance and it still knows.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Thanks for that, I have read that Ford can do a software update that fixes the camera problem so i will be pushing for that next week when i take mine in. They are going to look at the settings i have ticked first incase i have caused the problem myself but my gut feeling is that i will need a software update. It seems to be affecting the Puma St Line First Editions not sure why though.
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Supertramp wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:40 pm Thanks for that, I have read that Ford can do a software update that fixes the camera problem so i will be pushing for that next week when i take mine in. They are going to look at the settings i have ticked first incase i have caused the problem myself but my gut feeling is that i will need a software update. It seems to be affecting the Puma St Line First Editions not sure why though.
It’s not working consistently on our Titanium FE either, sometimes it works fine, others not so much. It’s not about the signs being partly obstructed or faded either, it’s missed some easily readable signs as well. Other times it works perfectly including recognising national speed limit signs, I’ll be enquiring about the software upgrade when I’ve got the time
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter
alanp

Post by alanp »

Mines exactly the same, sometimes it works flawlessly, then won’t see any signs until we’ll into my journey, I like the idea of it being linked to the speed limiter, but it’s so annoying when you go to accelerate, but it still thinks it’s at the lower speed limit, I need to get mine booked in but I can only go on a Saturday morning, and they aren’t doing any warranty or updates on a Saturday so I’ll have to wait..
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

than ks for the info
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Just to let everyone know my camera is now picking up all the speed signs after Ford did the software update last Friday so it is worth doing if anyone is having that problem.

Cheers

Mike
robgee

Post by robgee »

Supertramp wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:07 am Just to let everyone know my camera is now picking up all the speed signs after Ford did the software update last Friday so it is worth doing if anyone is having that problem.

Cheers

Mike
Do you know what update they did was it for the IPMA module ?

I have mine book in for a week on Tuesday and will add it to the list of updates for them to do
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Supertramp

Post by Supertramp »

Yes the IPMA Module A, will check it again tonight on way home from work looking good up to now though it must have fixed it.