TDI Digital Tuning Box

All Ford Puma related discussions
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

It's impossible to compare supermarket fuel with BP/Shell etc, because whilst the RON must comply to a BS, none of them publish additives. But supermarket fuel does contain detergents and friction modifiers, I believe. I have used Tesco for about thirty years.

Standard fuel will be E10 soon.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I've always enjoyed the best fuel, best oil, best air debates you get on forums. Having tried all sorts of fuel over the years, I've come to the conclusion that it just doesn't matter.

Soon enough I'll be plugging in and so will have to search for the best electricity discussion.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

I don't think you can beat British electricity. The stuff that comes from the continent is definitely inferior.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

paulcurtis wrote: ↑Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:37 pm I don't think you can beat British electricity. The stuff that comes from the continent is definitely inferior.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Big lol 😁🀣😁🀣
Chocky

Post by Chocky »

Be interesting to know what the tuning boys are thinking of doing for BEV's. Faking a boost pressure reading is one thing but how do you increase the torque command to an electric motor? Maybe BEV will be the end of 3rd party tuning, leaving only the official routes like mountune.
Luca

Post by Luca »

I've received mine yesterday, 320€ + 86€ (thanks Brexit).
Mounted in 10 mins, I just did 20 miles home-work, so still no difference, I'll keep u updated
(125hp mhev)
Luca

Post by Luca »

Hi all,

after a bunch of miles, the differences are noticeable, specially in sport mode from the third gear, the car flies.

Actually I can't see any fuel consumption difference, but in my path home-work I can't really test it.

Is it worth 320€?

Well, if you regret to have not bought the 155hp version, yes.
But if you are still waiting to buy a puma, just get the 155hp one =)

The assistance is really good, they've sent a new map on the app and instantly installed on the tuning box via the smartphone app.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Has anyone fitted the Bluespark tuning box which is similar to the TDI box.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Luca, have you checked the insurance situation now you have fitted the box. I'm interested if they intend to increase your premium. I'm not sure if they treat it differently to a full engine remap.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.