TDI Digital Tuning Box

All Ford Puma related discussions
ruipmatos

Post by ruipmatos »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:00 pm
ruipmatos wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:37 am
JackTheLad87 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:47 pm So I installed the TDI tuning box with ease, took less than 10 minutes... Ran it on mode 4 at first for the required 40 miles (actually did 75 miles) so the box gets used to the car. Noticed the fuel guage didn't go down as much as it usually would on that run so all in all a good start. Did the same journey back but selected mode 7 and my god did the car fly... Didn't expect such a dramatic difference, it felt effortless to drive. Definitely reccomend getting one of these, especially those of you that do frequent motorway journeys!
Thank you for your feedback! ;)

It's been almost 3 weeks now, did you notice the 20% fuel save?
Well mate my fuel definitely seems to be lasting a longer, not a huge difference but most certainly noticable. The response of the car and how it handles now with the tuning box make it 100% worth it.
Nice! Thank you for your feedback :)

david.forbes208

Post by david.forbes208 »

I agree Jack, you do feel a difference, even a 30 hp and 50 Nm additional power. Boot when overtaking and it's great, I'm 58 but sit feel like a boy racer.
Davvygee
ruipmatos

Post by ruipmatos »

david.forbes208 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:36 pm I agree Jack, you do feel a difference, even a 30 hp and 50 Nm additional power. Boot when overtaking and it's great, I'm 58 but sit feel like a boy racer.
You also bought it? 🙂
Iainrr55

Post by Iainrr55 »

I've joined the ranks of TDI boxers today and taken my 125 up to 155 output. Very easy fitting on the Puma as both sensors visible at front of engine. Though the boost 1 sensor's a bit fiddly as behind a pipe...
Currently £305 Inc vat

Not had a chance to really see the difference yet today but I've already noticed a difference at lower revs (local drive in 20mph zone London)

Looking forward to passing the 40 mile point and finding out the full difference.
Titanium First Edition 125 -> 155 mhev
----- Lucid Red ------
Iainrr55

Post by Iainrr55 »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:47 pm So I installed the TDI tuning box with ease, took less than 10 minutes... Ran it on mode 4 at first for the required 40 miles (actually did 75 miles) so the box gets used to the car. Noticed the fuel guage didn't go down as much as it usually would on that run so all in all a good start. Did the same journey back but selected mode 7 and my god did the car fly... Didn't expect such a dramatic difference, it felt effortless to drive. Definitely reccomend getting one of these, especially those of you that do frequent motorway journeys!
As a matter of interest where did you fix the box in the engine ??
Titanium First Edition 125 -> 155 mhev
----- Lucid Red ------
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

If you’re looking in the bonnet it’s rested on the far right corner where the bonnet hinge is. I’ve used Velcro cable ties to fix it in place but to be honest even without them it stays where it is
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
Luca

Post by Luca »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:00 pm
ruipmatos wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:37 am
Thank you for your feedback! ;)

It's been almost 3 weeks now, did you notice the 20% fuel save?
Well mate my fuel definitely seems to be lasting a longer, not a huge difference but most certainly noticable. The response of the car and how it handles now with the tuning box make it 100% worth it.

Hi @JackTheLad87, how's going your puma after one year?
I'm gonna get a tuning box, I should have bought the 155HP XD
andy

Post by andy »

Hi, has anybody fitted the tuning box to an automatic Puma?
NeilS

Post by NeilS »

I’m guessing your insurance company should also be told :roll:
Magnetic ST Line X FE. HFPT, Panoramic roof, DAP, Fixed LED, 19” Alloys,
fordpumaAutomatic

Post by fordpumaAutomatic »

andy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:44 pm Hi, has anybody fitted the tuning box to an automatic Puma?
Same question

Does a tuning box kit exist for the Automatic?