Snagging

All Ford Puma related discussions
paulv

Post by paulv »

Ok - my Puma Vignale with comfort and driver assist pack (as well as tailgate kick to open :D )is not due until October
so hopefully this post might build up a number of items to check before I drive off the forecourt - as I have no idea what to check
I've read a few posts which mention a few niggles, so I wondered if a snagging list might help
as a start i was thinking of checking:
- does the tailgate kick to open (sensor) work ok
- has all software been updated to current levels

can anyone add anything else? as you may have guessed, I'm not technical where cars are concerned, neither am i a speedster. I'm easily swayed by gadgets and pretty lights on dashboards... :D
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D

paulv

Post by paulv »

and just as i click send i realise maybe this post should go in faults and technical? doh!
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

This community is very useful, I have been making a few mental notes for what to check (hopefully in September) 🔥
alanp

Post by alanp »

Hopefully yours shouldn’t need updating as it should be done but you never know, it seems to be issues with the traffic sign, mines very intermittent, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, add this when you have the intelligent speed limiter set makes for interesting driving, I would just have a quick look at the rear door ( drivers side) where the door latch is, mine has a piece of trim missing and someone else on here has the same issue, mines an ex demo so not sure if it’s been accidentally knocked off, but worth a look in case it’s a production issue, the opening tailgate is a bit of fun, you look like you’re doing a version of the hokey kokey,lol, although I’ve found out today that you have to juggle the keys to wake them up to activate the boot opening, a little tip, don’t do it with the keys in your pocket, you get some very funny looks in the supermarket car park
not sure if there’s anything else, it’s just my findings after having mine for a couple of months, hope you enjoy yours when it arrives..
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

There's a fair list of issues in faults and technical now. Most are fairly common, perhaps they will be rectified before your delivery date.

However, to avoid disappointment on collection I would preempt your dealer into ensuring that _______ is checked and ________ works or you'll not sign for the car.

I reckon a good 80% + of people don't look over their purchase properly. I've walked into the showroom and gotten all excited over my shiny new motor sat there ready to go. Only to get home and find things I'm not happy with.

One dealer I used once asked me why I was so picky as I'd only bought the car on PCP...... Like, how you've financed should matter.
Last edited by Wdf76 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Good point wdf we should really check everything over but don’t, mind you , if you found something relatively minor, the salesman would probably say we can fix under warranty, or ring up and book it in but it’s the excitement of a new car , we’ve never grown up really..lol
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

Sadly I picked mine up on the wettest day in June and it was parked outside AND it was when social distancing was taken very seriously...so in effect I just got in and drove off. I think I've been really lucky (fingers crossed) in that it has been me that has had the problems not the car. Things like how to get the car mats out at the front, how to shut the boot (I know not rocket science but if you haven't got the automatic closing there is an art to it) are the first one to spring to mind.The technical one amongst us no doubt found the Sync 3 easier to set up than some of us but got that sorted through trial and error!!
I just love mine, had 2 minis for the last 15 years so it was time for a change.
paulv

Post by paulv »

this is all great stuff and much appreciated

many thanks
bazzer

Post by bazzer »

Check the door window glasses, mine has surface thats pitted like something etched into both o/s windows. Both glasses being changed on Monday, but should not have been like that to begin with. Hope the door panels go back ok though without damage.