Vehicle update

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

Hi, I’m sure I’ve read on here there’s an update for the Puma which sorts out the traffic sign ect, As I have a hospital appointment on Thursday, I’m going to try and see if they can fit me in to have a look at a few things, and order a piece of missing trim, and get them to check the battery output , so what exactly is the update, and what do I ask the garage to do? Of course it all depends on whether they can fit me in, doubtful but worth a try,
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

IPMA Image Processing Module A.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
alanp

Post by alanp »

Spearmint wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:50 pm IPMA Image Processing Module A.
Thank you
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Be interesting what you need to say to convince the dealer to do it
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
alanp

Post by alanp »

Stevep999 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:39 am Be interesting what you need to say to convince the dealer to do it
I was thinking of prostrating myself and saying “ I’m not worthy” and relying on their sympathy :D
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Tell them your camera does not detect national speed limit signs. My car does not. It only sees numbered speed signs.
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:20 pm Tell them your camera does not detect national speed limit signs. My car does not. It only sees numbered speed signs.
Excuse the daft question but is the speed limit sign on the dashboard display part of the traffic sign recognition system? If so I don’t think ours has got one right so far!
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Not daft at all. But yes, part of traffic sign recognition I believe. Mine has good and bad days. Doesn't recognise a national speed limit signs. Misses some others, often obscured where the council are too skint to cut trees and bushes, and detects side street 20mph signs etc, which isn't ideal when your in intelligent cruise or limiter mode.
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Wdf76 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:17 pm Not daft at all. But yes, part of traffic sign recognition I believe. Mine has good and bad days. Doesn't recognise a national speed limit signs. Misses some others, often obscured where the council are too skint to cut trees and bushes, and detects side street 20mph signs etc, which isn't ideal when your in intelligent cruise or limiter mode.
Thanks - I initially wondered if it got the speed info from the sat nav but it definitely doesn’t so must be the traffic sign recognition. Yesterday driving from Anglesey on the A55 the speed limit indicated 30 mph all the way to the M53, where it changed to 70, so it failed to recognise multiple various speed limit signs along the route - most of which were not obstructed by anything and were on both sides of the carriageway.
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter