Faults

All Ford Puma related discussions
Jawmcneill55

Post by Jawmcneill55 »

The fault list on the forum is growing by the day. When I look close at my car there are a few quality issues. I have had rattles that come and go, I had an abs sensor that was broken off when I collected the car. Maybe some cars were built in the dark.lol

Stline x 1st edition +

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I expected some issues. Everyone always says never buy the first examples of a new model (wait for the facelift) and from a new factory too. I'm sure they will get things sorted.

If dealers and the Ford pass team are providing feedback, Ford should be looking into things. It wouldn't surprise me if this forum is being monitored.

It has not spoilt my experience. I have been lucky. A few niggles, sure, but not enough to give me buyers remorse.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Bought new Fords since 1993, Puma is the first that’s had a list of build issues.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
robgee

Post by robgee »

I love driving the car and its a fun car to drive, i have been pretty loyal to ford for the last 35 years but feel that the technology support staff are lagging a little bit. I feel they would benefit for doing as other software companies do and get software out to more testers by allowing access to early versions of software before they are released. I have beta tested software for Microsoft and Apple for many many years and am sure they feedback provided would have assisted them in producing better software.

Some faults seem to be build issues and final inspections issues on the mechanical side (i had missing trim , gear stick issues with a cable not be correct etc) but the niggles are all software related which for Sync 3 systems should not really exist as they are old systems with the new version being released within the next year
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

robgee wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:47 am I love driving the car and its a fun car to drive, i have been pretty loyal to ford for the last 35 years but feel that the technology support staff are lagging a little bit. I feel they would benefit for doing as other software companies do and get software out to more testers by allowing access to early versions of software before they are released. I have beta tested software for Microsoft and Apple for many many years and am sure they feedback provided would have assisted them in producing better software.

Some faults seem to be build issues and final inspections issues on the mechanical side (i had missing trim , gear stick issues with a cable not be correct etc) but the niggles are all software related which for Sync 3 systems should not really exist as they are old systems with the new version being released within the next year
Seems you had an early Monday morning car........
I didnt, have any mechanical or build issues , just a bit off minor software issues that are all but fixed now .
I hope all wil get sorted for youv
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
veng92

Post by veng92 »

I've had a blown fan motor upon delivery of my Puma, but it still works for the time being - just a little noisy. Literally the only issue so far, everything else has been perfect. A new model from almost any manufacturer is going to be at risk of more issues initially, but they're usually simple to fix and under warranty. I've also driven a new Dacia sandero stepway, and let me tell you, there's a big difference between a car that does nearly everything right and one that does almost everything wrong.

The Dacia felt dangerous to drive, the steering was twitchier than a 600hp Dax on a wet day, and turning corners felt like you were going to fall over. Renault - far more electrical issues than Ford. Range rover - FAR more issues than the Puma in general. Bentley - still plagued with electrical and reliability issues. Fords in my mind have always been reliable - so any small issues seen so far shouldn't worry anyone considering it being a new model. Just stay away from automatic Fords and you'll be fine...
Ford Puma ST-Line X 1st Ed
Desert Blue
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Wise words I think.

Fords autos have come on though. They've learnt from powershift so the new dct (wet clutch) should be fine. I've also read nothing bad about the new torque converter.

VAG seem to stick with their dct issues if their forums are anything to go by.
Stevep999

Post by Stevep999 »

Paul, what software issues did you have
Full fat ST in Magnetic, DAP, Performance pack, panorama & tailgate :-) - ordered end of March delivered end of May LOVE IT

PUMA ST-X Plus First Edition Plus in Agate Black with comfort pack :-) retired June 2022
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Stevep999 wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:52 pm Paul, what software issues did you have
Well what i mean is in the sync system for example life traffic and other subscribtions like local hazzard info.
But it,s all sorted , i did it myself.
BTW most others did have the same issues
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Stlinexstu

Post by Stlinexstu »

How did you fix live traffic lve given up