Keyless entry

All Ford Puma related discussions
Joynes61

Post by Joynes61 »

Is anyone having trouble with the keyless entry? Not sure if it’s because I keep my keys in my handbag but a lot of the time it does not work and don’t get me started with the automatic boot.

PaulD

Post by PaulD »

No , it works perfect , about the automatic boot ..... well that's a bit more difficult.
It took me a while but now it works fine.
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

Joynes61 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:00 pm Is anyone having trouble with the keyless entry? Not sure if it’s because I keep my keys in my handbag but a lot of the time it does not work and don’t get me started with the automatic boot.
Are you aware that the key must move a bit for it to activate/start sending the signal to the car. The key has some kind of accelerometer in it so that it doesn't send the signal when it's not shaking/moving. Maybe test to shake your handbag a bit and see if it helps :)
alanp

Post by alanp »

Are you aware that the key must move a bit for it to activate/start sending the signal to the car. The key has some kind of accelerometer in it so that it doesn't send the signal when it's not shaking/moving. Maybe test to shake your handbag a bit and see if it helps :)

Well I keep mine in my pocket, Does that mean I’ve now got to shake my leg to activate the key?
I hope I never have to open the boot with my foot....the neighbours will think I’ve completely lost it....🤪
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

The automatic boot is a godsend,I wish I had it on my fiesta,I had a cmax titanium x with the foot operated tailgate,it worked like a dream,ford are being very selective on which cars they put it on,its like the focus estate has but the hatchback doesnt,weird
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

The automatic boot's a godsend when it works. Keep shaking Alan.....😁
GazMobi

Post by GazMobi »

Mine doesn’t work ...
paulv

Post by paulv »

probably tempting fate but all works ok for me at the moment
kicking the boot wasn't easy to start with but thats ok too now
FORD PUMA ST-LINE X VIGNALE 1.0L ECOBOOST 125PS 7 SPEED AUTOMATIC - LUCID RED
long name... nice car :D
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

I had to have my keyless entry module replaced as it was temperamental, always had to take my keys out of my pocket and use the fob button. Once it was replaced and the software was updated it now works flawlessly
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.
butch82

Post by butch82 »

Hi,
is this a default equipment ? Doesn't seem to work in my Puma ST Line 1.0 hybrid. It is listed in the manual and I see a small padlock in my handle, but no way to make it work. Any help ?
Thanks