Hatch opening exterior release

All Ford Puma related discussions
excooperS

Post by excooperS »

Anyone finding the release button is a bit spasmodic? Occasionally having to fumble for key to open the hatch door. Also, I assume there is no “kick” function under rear bumper for remote release on the STLine X 1st Ed + trim?

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Yeah there is. Try with the car unlocked first. Kick forward dead centre of the bumper and remember to take a step backwards. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not.

Don't think there's a sensor on the boot button (outside) which is why you cannot open it directly. If locked.

I've always said that the smart key (that sleeps) is part of the problem. I seem to have more luck when I approach the car from the front. You don't often do that with 4 bags of shopping in each hand do you.

So there I am in the supermarket carpark, doing the awkward dance at the back of my car and I end up having to put the bags on the floor to open the boot with the fob......
alanp

Post by alanp »

Funny you should mention this, today, me and swimbo came out of the garden centre hands full of plants and stuff, got to the car and bo5h of us trying to open the boot by doing the hokey kokey behind it, much to the amusement of others, seems a bit pointless if you have to unlock it then open it
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

That's abit shit,the whole point of the electtic boot if so you dont have to put stuff on the floor
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

I would book it in. On my current C-Max the ‘kick’ didn’t work every time so I booked it in and it has worked perfectly ever since for over four years.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

FirstFord1972 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:41 pm I would book it in. On my current C-Max the ‘kick’ didn’t work every time so I booked it in and it has worked perfectly ever since for over four years.
Do you know what they did to it?
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Sorry, I didn’t ask. I was just happy it worked every time.
Zobby

Post by Zobby »

I’m in the ‘It works every time’ camp. I’m actually very surprised how well it works. I was expecting it to be a right pain.
excooperS

Post by excooperS »

Thanks for the replies, think I will book it in. Did have one success with the “kick” function but that was with the car unlocked which kind of defeats the object. Certainly kept the neighbours entertained with the spot kick routine.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

It’s not a kick.

Imagine trying to tap a soft football.

https://youtu.be/BXHtQFC_sQo

https://youtu.be/9y8ENB5_es8
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic