Wireless charging

All Ford Puma related discussions
butch82

Post by butch82 »

microbe wrote: ↑Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:07 pm Which Puma model do you have? I think I read that Titanium models lost wireless charging very recently.

My Galaxy S8 gets charged in my ST line X which I also picked up last week
Mine is an Italian ST Line 1.0 hybrid, it should be available I guess

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

butch82 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:28 am
microbe wrote: ↑Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:07 pm Which Puma model do you have? I think I read that Titanium models lost wireless charging very recently.

it should be standard in all models but recently they have been changing all the specs. Best go back to the dealer and argue that it was advertised when you ordered it and have it checked out.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

butch82 wrote: ↑Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:28 am

I think only the ST-Line X, ST-Line Vignale and the ST have wireless charging now. Titanium and ST-Line got screwed.
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack
butch82

Post by butch82 »

I double checked the current brochure we have here and it clearly states wireless charging is not an option but a default feature for all versions
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

butch82 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:47 pm I double checked the current brochure we have here and it clearly states wireless charging is not an option but a default feature for all versions

What is the brochure date? The UK one is June 2019. All the specification changes are included in the price lists. Latest Dec 2020.
butch82

Post by butch82 »

Yep, my is Dec 2020. I have the 2021 model, unfortunately.
The dealer confirmed and sent me a brochure that, of course, I haven't seen before.
They removed ST-line heel pads, wireless charging, keyless entry from the ST line. These are now in ST-lineX
They also added the Connect version which is now the new baseline.

Fuckers.
Yokomoko

Post by Yokomoko »

Right to reject the vehicle if you aren't getting what you ordered?
2020 Puma ST Performance

Mean Green - Driver Assistance Pack - Panoramic Sunroof - Powerlift Tailgate - Performance Pack
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Thats another reason why I'm not buying a new one,because of spec changes,titanium has now lost massage seats and wireless charging,buy a first ed with everything on it
butch82

Post by butch82 »

Yokomoko wrote: ↑Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:46 pm Right to reject the vehicle if you aren't getting what you ordered?
They're gonna find a way to avoid it...
PumaSTVignale

Post by PumaSTVignale »

Im getting an error message charge terminated please check that your phone is aligned correctly and that no objects are obstruction it.

My iPhone is a 12 Pro and car a Ford Puma ST Vignale.

It would seem that many Ford users of various models are experiencing the same the problem.

I have tried the phone in all different positions and without a case but I still get the same message.

All new Apple iPhones have MagSafe and it would seem that Ford had made bad assumptions to where the QI coil would be on future iPhones hence why the charge terminating message.

Is there anyone else who is experiencing the same problem with the iPhone 12 models and wireless charging?