Wireless charging

All Ford Puma related discussions
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Well I’m at a loss with this. Just bought another (soft gel this time) iPhone 12 case and will see what happens.

The phone charges ok. Then I get the error message. If I leave it the message goes away and the phone starts charging again. Rinse and repeat!

So the 12 does charge on the pad but there must me some software or maybe even hardware issue that is causing the disconnect message. Someone suggested it might be the raised bump for the camera which is quite prominent on the 12. My new case seems to level that out a little. 🤞
Puma Frozen White ST Line X 155 Winter Pack & Driver Assistance Pack.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Can you borrow another phone just to check that it's the phone's fault or the cars? I suspect it's the phone, I'm sure I've seen other forums mention it for other cars, I'll keep an eye out.

Edit:- some discussions.....US sites mainly but....
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252119606
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1642 ... 2-a-2.html
https://www.defender2.net/forum/post883265.html
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Well we did two decent trips today and it didn’t disconnect once. However, even though it shows it’s charging, it’s either very slow at charging or not charging at all. Plus it gets pretty hot.

Next time I’ll check the charge level before and after and report back.
Deleted User 702

Post by Deleted User 702 »

My Pixel 5 connects and starts charging wirelessly, very very slowly, gets hot disconnects. Some time later the same happens again. Ultimately the phone doesn't charge. Just goes flat!
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

My mobile is a Realme X50 pro 5G and charges reasonably quickly via usb.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

I avoid charging my phone this way. Irrespective of how quickly or not it charges, the phone gets hot. Heat is a huge killer for Li-ion batteries.
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

paulcurtis wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:10 am I avoid charging my phone this way. Irrespective of how quickly or not it charges, the phone gets hot. Heat is a huge killer for Li-ion batteries.
Good advice. I think I’ll stick to using it sparingly.

Good news is I just did a short drive and checked my iPhone 12 battery before and after. It showed as charging and the percentage actually did increase by 2%.

On long journeys it does get very hot.
Stoopo

Post by Stoopo »

Similar problems all over the place. Even Porche😱

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threa ... ging.3442/
Singularity

Post by Singularity »

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and it charges fine, unless I'm using maps. As a part time delivery driver for an Indian restaurant, they're quite useful. If I'm using maps, the phone charge doesn't go up or down, it remains the same but the phone gets really hot.

As a side note, I use the Car2Play adapter to make a wireless carplay connection. It ain't cheap but works brilliantly. It's plugged into the USB in the arm rest (with an adapter for usb C). U turn the car on and, after a few seconds, I have wireless carplay. Saves messing about with cables. If only the wireless charging worked better.

LOVE the car though. I had an ecosport before this. No comparison.

Puma ST Line X, 155, fantastic red.
-
Shaun Allan
Ford Puma ST Line X, 155, Fantastic Red

www.shaunallan.co.uk
Award winning author of psychological honor and introspective poetry.