Mini Spare Wheel

All Ford Puma related discussions
ozmiester

Post by ozmiester »

Hi all, picked up our new Puma and asked the sales person to order a spare wheel for it, so picked that up this afternoon and it's a 14 inch wheel, what size should it be, cars on 19 inch rims and is a ST Line X 155.
Cheers
Dave.

Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

ozmiester wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:09 pm Hi all, picked up our new Puma and asked the sales person to order a spare wheel for it, so picked that up this afternoon and it's a 14 inch wheel, what size should it be, cars on 19 inch rims and is a ST Line X 155.
Cheers
Dave.

Hi, I thought it is 16 inch. My tyre size etc viewtopic.php?f=8&t=300&hilit=Mini+spar ... t=20#p3881
ozmiester

Post by ozmiester »

Thanks for that First ford, does that combo fit ok in the mega box.
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

ozmiester wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:36 pm Thanks for that First ford, does that combo fit ok in the mega box.

Mine was factory delivered with a spare wheel in the mega box.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=300#p3235
ozmiester

Post by ozmiester »

Ok thanks.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

I was quoted around £300 for a spare by the dealer. I declined. Bought this for £40 on ebay (including the jack). I may be tempting fate to say I will probably never use it, as I think I have had one puncture in the last fifteen years, but I'll let you know what it's like. Frankly, at the price, if the rim is OK I can always put a new tyre on. I'll probably use my own jack.

Do I assume that simply screwing the normal valve cap onto a spare transmits that to the monitoring system?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-PUMA-20 ... Sw7GRZFM04
2020 Puma ST-Line X Vignale 1.0L Ecoboost 125PS 7 Speed Auto - Black
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

paulcurtis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:19 pm I was quoted around £300 for a spare by the dealer. I declined. Bought this for £40 on ebay (including the jack). I may be tempting fate to say I will probably never use it, as I think I have had one puncture in the last fifteen years, but I'll let you know what it's like. Frankly, at the price, if the rim is OK I can always put a new tyre on. I'll probably use my own jack.

Do I assume that simply screwing the normal valve cap onto a spare transmits that to the monitoring system?

The TPMS system is on the end of the valve inside the tyre....Not in the valve cap, that's just a bog standard one.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

OK, thanks Sparks.
paulcurtis

Post by paulcurtis »

paulcurtis wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:19 pm I was quoted around £300 for a spare by the dealer. I declined. Bought this for £40 on ebay (including the jack). I may be tempting fate to say I will probably never use it, as I think I have had one puncture in the last fifteen years, but I'll let you know what it's like. Frankly, at the price, if the rim is OK I can always put a new tyre on. I'll probably use my own jack.

I was a little bit bothered how a wheel with a smaller diameter would handle. I didn't really want to wait until some dark and stormy night to find out, so fitted it to the front N/S today. I only did a short run but it seemed fine - apart from very firm braking, when it pulled a little to the N/S. So I am pleased with that.
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Also good to know it fits over your front caliper and disc. I've had to faff about putting a rear wheel on the front as the mini spare wouldn't fit.