Mini Spare Wheel

All Ford Puma related discussions
Mattyi26

Post by Mattyi26 »

The spec has seemed to have changed regarding the size/shape of the megabox, wonder if the plug has been removed?

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I believe that's the non hybrid megabox. Not sure why it's different to the one in hybrid Pumas. I've not looked at a non hybrid car.
rich63

Post by rich63 »

Looks like there move the battery and now everyone gets larger mega box.
https://www.web24.news/a/2020/01/gettin ... lY2vhTTXHo

Quote from web 24 : On the first Puma models, the battery is located between the trunk and the passenger seats. The next batch will be different since the battery, supplied by Bosch and sized like a shoebox, will take place under the front passenger seat. Consequently, the “Megabox” will have the same capacity as a non-hybrid Puma.
ST Line X FE+
Comfort Pack
Lucid Red
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Yep, discovered that today on FB, post with a 70 plate hybrid and 80l megabox.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Spearmint wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:30 pm Yep, discovered that today on FB, post with a 70 plate hybrid and 80l megabox.
And probably why certain hybrids had a recall
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Is this why I've been seeing this new description 'micro' hybrid, the battery is now under the passenger seat? Is it the same capacity and where has the amp for the b&o system been moved to?

*Update* Think I answered part of my own question

https://x-engineer.org/automotive-engin ... c-vehicle/
Tim

Post by Tim »

Mattyi26 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:11 pm The spec has seemed to have changed regarding the size/shape of the megabox, wonder if the plug has been removed?
Ford seem very pleased with the drain plug as one of the unique features, I'd be surprised if they've removed it. Maybe it's just absent if you opt for the spare wheel?
ST-Line X First Edition · 155 PS mHEV · Solar Silver
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Tim wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:55 am
Mattyi26 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:11 pm The spec has seemed to have changed regarding the size/shape of the megabox, wonder if the plug has been removed?
Ford seem very pleased with the drain plug as one of the unique features, I'd be surprised if they've removed it. Maybe it's just absent if you opt for the spare wheel?
Agreed, Ford and all the reviewers made a point of showering compliments on the innovation of the MegaBox. To remove it's usefulness would seem to be a big mistake.
If it's something that is required to facilitate a spare wheel, then it's another reason not to have one.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Mattyi26

Post by Mattyi26 »

I can let you all know when mine arrives but my wait will be awhile still! Mines a factory order that I did a couple of weeks ago.
gps

Post by gps »

Hi, is the £150 for the complete mini spare wheel kit as my dealer has quoted nearly £400.