Mini Spare Wheel

All Ford Puma related discussions
Charlie61

Post by Charlie61 »

I changed my puma but have the spare wheel and jack

Mike

Post by Mike »

Mine is ready to collect from the dealer, so hopefully it fits in the boot box ok with a little room to spare.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )
Mike

Post by Mike »

collected it today, i got the wheel which fits in the megabox just, jack, wheel brace, moulded base which i could probably do without since the wheel doesn't sit on the bottom of the box, fittings to attach to the base of the box if it was factory ordered, so i could have saved a little money by not getting the a couple of the items but the jack sits in the moulded base so not rattling around and the other part was £2.00.. Didn't mess around with it so might be able to get it in a little better when i have a more time.
If any one is interested part numbers for my car were
373475120952 wheel
2472282 tray assy
2407142 jack assy which includes the wheel brace
1915089 plate mounting

if your dealer is asking for daft money i can put you in touch with the one which supplied mine and they could get you a price to be shipped to your address i am sure.
Rossberg

Post by Rossberg »

I'm still waiting on my Puma to be delivered, but there was one already made in my colour and spec so I went with it. Dealer told me it has the spare wheel option and is to charge me an additional €100. It sounded reasonable enough to me so I didn't argue!
Mike

Post by Mike »

They are 150 if you spec when you order your car, I didn’t order one because my car was already in the country so chose that one because the rumour was the price was about to be increased.
Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

Hi guys, I've recently bought my Puma and checked around for a spare. The part number for the Ford 16” space saver wheel is JX7C 1015 BAA (that particular part number is also used on the Grand C-Max 2015-2019, and the Focus 2018 onwards, according to a helpful Ford parts guy). When fitted with a 125/70/16 tyre it just fits in my boot box (which measures approx 60cm square). The wheel centre hole doesn't line up with the drain in the box tho, so I'll need to find a solution to hold it in place. My car has 19” wheels so the space saver is quite a bit smaller, but I've test fitted it to the front and it goes over the brake callipers no problem. Hope this helps 🙂

Edit... I bought one with an unused tyre on ebay for £45 inc delivery.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Mine sits tight against the sides with the jack and brace underneath, no noises from it when driving , it doesn’t line up with the drain but not bothered about that.
Poppy5

Post by Poppy5 »

Hi there I pick up my Puma soon. I already have an appropriate space saver wheel.. Will any Ford Jack and tools be ok to purchase?
Thanks
Alan321

Post by Alan321 »

Poppy5 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:03 pm Hi there I pick up my Puma soon. I already have an appropriate space saver wheel.. Will any Ford Jack and tools be ok to purchase?
Thanks
I used the scissor jack from my last car. I'm sure I read somewhere that some scissor jacks can foul body side mouldings or something, but I had no such problems. Any wheel wrench with the correct size head will do, although I use a socket and tommy bar (I think it's 19mm, but not certain).
Alexpuma

Post by Alexpuma »

Hi,
I just thought I’d make an account here to post because I was reading through all the comments trying to decide what wheel size etc to get as a spare wheel for my 72 plate Puma ST-line X.

It has 215/50 R18 alloys.
I ended up getting a mini spare wheel off eBay, it was advertised as a Ford Focus spare wheel but the measurements all seemed to work out with what I was reading on this thread so went for it. The spare is 125/70 R16.

It fits nicely at the bottom of the megabox and I’ve tried it on the near side front and it drove fine, wasn’t rubbing the calliper which I read could be an issued if the radius was too small.

I can post/send a link to the eBay page I bought off if people want/I’m allowed. It came with the jack and tow bar and was £65.

You can see in the photo the spare wheel fitting nicely into the megabox with the jack wrapped in the bubble wrap sitting inside the rim.

7EDFB017-F8F2-433E-8328-BC1F68BF1F95.jpeg

C438D295-6482-4717-810B-FA288EB63A36.jpeg