Dash cam

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
robgee

Post by robgee »

JackTheLad87 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:20 am
Layters wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:02 am Hi, as jackthelad I got my Nextbase522gw fitted by Halfords for free on their offer.The guy who fitted it was his first Puma, but as per other replies the fitting is the same as a Fiesta. See pic very please and now will always have a car with a dash cam, after a white van incident 😡 on my side of the road 😡😡😡Image
That look tidy :) Might see if they can fit me one
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

Layters

Post by Layters »

Hi Robgee, check out any offers, the Ford dealership quoted me £172 to take my old Nextbase 422gw out of my Fiesta ST and refit to my new Puma🤣
The Ford salesman advised me to use Halfords👍
Very pleased with the new 522gw dashcam so far and my son in law is pleased with my old dashcam ... win win😁
When this Coronavirus is over thinking of getting a rear view dashcam too.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Wdf76 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:56 pm It's about time manufacturers fitted them as standard. To be isolated if you're not interested or worried about big brother.

I think Citroen fit one in their c3 aircross. Don't know of any others.
Yes they are fitted to the c3, I think a lot of dealers offer to fit dash cams on your new car, but I agree they should be standard, with perhaps an upgrade to a better camera ( 4K ? J on the options list..
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Boss22

Post by Boss22 »

If anyone has a next base camera and the hardwire kit phone their technical helpline and they will send the adapter guy need to use the fuse box under the console in the passenger footwell. They haven’t included this but will in the new hardwire kits
robgee

Post by robgee »

Layters wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:04 pm Hi Robgee, check out any offers, the Ford dealership quoted me £172 to take my old Nextbase 422gw out of my Fiesta ST and refit to my new Puma🤣
The Ford salesman advised me to use Halfords👍
Very pleased with the new 522gw dashcam so far and my son in law is pleased with my old dashcam ... win win😁
When this Coronavirus is over thinking of getting a rear view dashcam too.
Thanks for the info, will have to pop in and see if they have any offers when i get some time
alanp

Post by alanp »

Got my dash cam fitted today, a blackvue 900s front and rear cameras, the guy who fitted it said that the fuse box under the glovebox, there are two wires, one red one green, right at the bottom, one is permanently live, the other is switched live, can’t remember which way round but it might help if anyone is going to fit their own camera and hardwire it
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Iamkingpin

Post by Iamkingpin »

Hi all. Got nextbase sending me micro2 fitting and fuse. Tried to get a 2amp micro2 fuse Wow it's difficult as most only stock 5amp as the lowest. Rs components stock them, 90 pence with postage nearly £7. Worth a call to nextbase. To fit just remove the liner in between passenger footwell and glove box. This will expose fuses. Remove clips inside glove box to drop down for easier access when feeding cable.
Loving the puma and not found any faults as yes and hopefully won't.
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

hi guys, I'd like to wire a dashcam using connectors hidden in the mirror plastic. the Anyone has already did this?
Marcusfofo

Post by Marcusfofo »

Marcusfofo wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:57 pm hi guys, I'd like to wire a dashcam using connectors hidden in the mirror plastic. the Anyone has already did this?
omg, this mod it have became urgent..there's a f...ing idiot that continue to damage the puma in the same point... second time in 3 days..I need the dashcam
robgee

Post by robgee »

The Ford ones have just been released today £268.00 INCLUDING VAT but it doesn't say about fitting