How good are the standard speakers ?

All Ford Puma related discussions
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

Just curious, are the non B&O speakers any good ?

fordpumaAutomatic

Post by fordpumaAutomatic »

Bump. Anyone?
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

I'm no expert but they sound good to me.
werneck

Post by werneck »

Meh, mine is the standard one and I find it's just ok.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I certainly wouldn't base any car choice on the speakers. I don't think you get the Sub with the standards, but if you aren't heavily into base, then it doesn't matter.
I'm annoyed that my B&O system is without the surround function at the moment, but, only because it feels incomplete due to Fords incompetence rather than any massive improvement in sound.
Let's be honest, listening to music on UK roads, in any car, isn't exactly audiophile territory.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Sparks wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:34 pm I certainly wouldn't base any car choice on the speakers. I don't think you get the Sub with the standards, but if you aren't heavily into base, then it doesn't matter.
I'm annoyed that my B&O system is without the surround function at the moment, but, only because it feels incomplete due to Fords incompetence rather than any massive improvement in sound.
Let's be honest, listening to music on UK roads, in any car, isn't exactly audiophile territory.
I’d agree speakers aren’t high on my list of priorities when choosing a car, in fact I don’t recall even trying the audio system when we went for a test drive

As far as the Puma goes I’d rate the speakers in our Titanium as ok but the Zetec Edition Focus I drive for work has a much fuller sound with deeper base. It’s about the only thing where the Focus outscores the Puma IMO.
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter
butch82

Post by butch82 »

I got my Puma last week.
Honestly, my 13 years-old stock Fiesta sounded better.

I'm really not pleased at all about the sound. I don't have the B&O setup. It's way too chirpy, tried to play with settings but no luck.
I am interested in replacing the speakers, do you happen to have any info?
Do you know if the cables are there for the under-seat subwoofer ? Since it can be bought as optional after-marked from Ford, I hope the cables are there already, any idea?

Thanks
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Did you find out if the B&O system could be fitted after Factory Build, I am picking up a Titanium Version in March & regretting not taking up this option. Hoping the standard setup is OK to decent if not; not into Hip/Hop Dance etc but have owned B&O Marantz hi fi systems so appreciate clarity of sound over big base.
kam88

Post by kam88 »

I've got the B&O system in my ST line X and to be honest its not an improvement on my last car a Skoda Fabia
a bit underwhelmed to be honest, wouldn't pay any extra for it.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I agree, it's not the massive upgrade you would expect. I've had it on two cars now and although it sounds fine, I was expecting more. If anything it sounded better in my Fiesta Active.
If you don't like the sound your best option would be to swap out your speakers for some aftermarket ones rather than worrying about not having the B&O system.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.