Insurance companies

All Ford Puma related discussions
Curryhouse

Post by Curryhouse »

Get your insurance via a cashback site eg Topcashback. I did and got £72.00 cashback. Different companies offer different percentage of cashback.

Wowzz

Post by Wowzz »

I'm currently with the somewhat strangely named " Marmalade " !
£180 pa for me and my wife - I suppose having a lowly Titanium helps !
Titanium 125, Solar Silver
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Fully comp with Swinton cost me £170 last year. Best quote I have for this year is £220 on Gocompare but Churchill are offering a better policy (includes windscreen) for £230 so I will probably go for that. I will also need to add breakdown cover as my ST Line X does not require a service this year and so I will not get the Ford cover.

For anyone interested, if you take out a policy through Gocompare, they give you a free stand alone policy to cover your excess (up to £250).
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

cianpars wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:13 am I will also need to add breakdown cover as my ST Line X does not require a service this year and so I will not get the Ford cover.
I assume this is the extension of breakdown cover after having a service by a participating Ford dealer you are talking about.
I realise it has always been advertised as a free 12 month extension but as we all know the Puma (ST excepted) is on an 18000 mile/2 year service schedule, so in this case are you only covered for 12 months regardless and not until the time limit for your next scheduled service?
I would reckon that a large proportion of Puma owners will be on the official 2 year interval because they do not cover 18000 miles within this period, so it is poor if the extension of breakdown cover does not allow for this and sticks rigidly to 12 months.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ron240 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:49 pm
cianpars wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:13 am I will also need to add breakdown cover as my ST Line X does not require a service this year and so I will not get the Ford cover.
I assume this is the extension of breakdown cover after having a service by a participating Ford dealer you are talking about.
I realise it has always been advertised as a free 12 month extension but as we all know the Puma (ST excepted) is on an 18000 mile/2 year service schedule, so in this case are you only covered for 12 months regardless and not until the time limit for your next scheduled service?
I would reckon that a large proportion of Puma owners will be on the official 2 year interval because they do not cover 18000 miles within this period, so it is poor if the extension of breakdown cover does not allow for this and sticks rigidly to 12 months.
I've always taken the Ford Convenience check at 12 months, mainly for the downloading of any software updates and Ford Assist 12 month extension....It's always been cost effective, I notice though that Ford dealers don't give a price list for servicing now, rather you have to supply details and they give you a quote.....Seems dodgy do me if everyone is getting different prices, so I'll keep an eye on it when the time comes.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Seems that a little phone call still makes a difference as managed to get in down to £340 , i know its increased from last year but some of the quotes i was getting from places like AA , Saga etc it was half !
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

robgee wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am Seems that a little phone call still makes a difference as managed to get in down to £340 , i know its increased from last year but some of the quotes i was getting from places like AA , Saga etc it was half !
There is an optimum time to renew your car insurance. I think it's 27 days before renewal is due.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
cianpars

Post by cianpars »

Rizmo wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 pm
robgee wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:42 am Seems that a little phone call still makes a difference as managed to get in down to £340 , i know its increased from last year but some of the quotes i was getting from places like AA , Saga etc it was half !
There is an optimum time to renew your car insurance. I think it's 27 days before renewal is due.
I think it is true in many walks of life. Those who leave things to the last minute usually get stung. I guess the insurance companies know that those who are looking around for cover well before the due date are also those who tend to shop around more and give themselves time to review and consider the alternatives.
shark21

Post by shark21 »

Crikey, I just got my first Puma insurance with Aviva and was £650. That's partly due to having to make a claim 4 years ago (didn't affect NCB though) and also living in a postcode that's twinned with Mordor.
Mike

Post by Mike »

When changing my car i checked and i was quoted 388 against 220 for the Puma but only 70 increase when i changed to my new car for the rest of the policy. When my policy ended i was getting quotes of 900 , eventually went with Aviva online for £500 which is still a lot for 54yrs old full NCB, they don't have a phone number but answer any queries within 24 hrs via email.
ST Line X 155 Agate Black with comfort pack plus spare wheel( sold :( )