Insurance companies

All Ford Puma related discussions
robgee

Post by robgee »

Well I guess most of us well be hit by the insurance increase this year. I’ve just had my renewal through and it’s jumped from £250 to £390 so guess its time to jump companies anyone found any good companies to check out ? I’ve done the usual and tried the compare the market site and got it down a bit £360..

Should of said that’s for a 59 year old with clean license and max NCD
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)

Blackpuma72

Post by Blackpuma72 »

I just got my puma in Feb and my insurance was £380 through admiral/ford.

Previous year I had an 11 plate fiesta and the insurance on that was £180
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic Black
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

I switched from LV, who I was with for a few years, to the AA. Over £100 less but didn't add the breakdown cover as it was too much. Stayed with Green Flag.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Yeah I am with LV will try the AA
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

My premium last year with Aviva was £252 (protected NCD with zero excess) which I was delighted with, but I am dreading my renewal figure in June going by all the horror stories I have heard.
With that in mind I would probably be quite accepting (grudgingly) of an increase similar to robgee.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
DB74

Post by DB74 »

I'm with One Call and have the Platinum policy where you pay monthly for a monthly policy. I'm paying £23 per month and it's no different to paying monthly for a yearly policy. The advantage is that you don't have to renew every year, as it's a rolling month on month policy so the price doesn't change.
Puma ST, Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Denty1964

Post by Denty1964 »

I'm 59 with full ncd and renewed in Jan, cost £330. It went up about 10% but my existing company wanted over £400. Shop around every year and get the price down. However, I go with a company that's known to be good.
Most premiums are based on age, car group, history and postcode. Postcode being a big part of it.
Full fat ST in fantastic red, pan roof and electric tailgate.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Stayed with LV for this year as the comparison sites were quoting them all around the same. Things have changed again, co will have another look around when it's renewal time.
The problem with car insurance is that you don't know how good it is until you really need it. I've have family members who scoffed about cheap insurance, until the inevitable happened, then they were in a world of pain.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Yeah i was always happy with LV , but i think i will give them a ring as even on the compare type websites LV are offering me £30 - £40 cheaper .......
BjNtheBear

Post by BjNtheBear »

Mines with ga, 242 last year, this year 316, 0 excess with prot.ncb so stayed with them for now.
Ford Puma ST Line X 155 Desert Island Blue