Learnt something new today

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

Well two things actually
The first was , if you select the speed limit, then if you press the accelerator hard it cancels it
And, you can open the tailgate with your foot, but I didn’t realise it closes also using your foot...duh...
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

I had a foot operated tailgate on my 17 plate c max,was awesome,wanted it on my fiesta,but ford wont fit it to one of their best selling models
alanp

Post by alanp »

Yes the best it did on the fiesta was open up with two clicks on the button on the remote and then it just released it, although I think you could fit stronger struts that would open it right up
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

I like the interior of the puma to,its very similar to my fiesta,its like everything falls to the hand,I wouldn't want to mess about with the tailgate,will be happy once I get the puma,I love the pumas shape,its gorgeous
Snack_Shack

Post by Snack_Shack »

Is the foot operated tailgate only on certain models? I placed an order for the ST Line this week but don't remember seeing it as standard...
dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Oh, hey - I've just seen you posting to another forum 😉My answer there is the same - I don't believe it comes on the standard model but has to be specified as an extra. However, some special editions may come with it (which is the case with mine).
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red
Deleted User 229

Post by Deleted User 229 »

Snack_Shack wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:44 pm Is the foot operated tailgate only on certain models? I placed an order for the ST Line this week but don't remember seeing it as standard...
It definitely is not standard, as already stated it may be included on some special editions but will cost you an extra £600 on all current models in the price list.
https://www.ford.co.uk/content/dam/guxe ... L-Puma.pdf
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Only the first editions had it as standard. It's even an option on the new st line X vignale.....
garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:27 pm Only the first editions had it as standard. It's even an option on the new st line X vignale.....
Still not got mine to operate. I cant even see anything that resembles a sensor or wires or anything at back of bumper. Mine is a st line x first edition plus. If you look in the handbook it has an asterisk and says ' if fitted' so I'm guessing that although it has a power tailgate it must have been an extra to have it hands free.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

garjas65 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:12 pm
Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:27 pm Only the first editions had it as standard. It's even an option on the new st line X vignale.....
Still not got mine to operate. I cant even see anything that resembles a sensor or wires or anything at back of bumper. Mine is a st line x first edition plus. If you look in the handbook it has an asterisk and says ' if fitted' so I'm guessing that although it has a power tailgate it must have been an extra to have it hands free.
It’s fitted. It can be turned off in settings. Plus do you have your key on you when trying to open it? Does it open with the key fob?
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic