Learnt something new today

All Ford Puma related discussions
veng92

Post by veng92 »

I've tried everything to open it on my Puma but no luck. It's a 1st edition ST line X so surely it has it? Seems more effort than just double pressing the key fob to open. I never have my hands full enough to prevent myself getting the keys..
Ford Puma ST-Line X 1st Ed
Desert Blue

dartiss

Post by dartiss »

Seems more effort than just double pressing the key fob to open. I never have my hands full enough to prevent myself getting the keys..
:D That sounds like someone trying to convince themselves they don't need the feature after all.

I would have thought that but, now I have it, I've found it pretty invaluable a few times already.
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155PS (+factory fit extras) in Fantastic Red
Jiipee

Post by Jiipee »

garjas65 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:12 pm
Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:27 pm Only the first editions had it as standard. It's even an option on the new st line X vignale.....
Still not got mine to operate. I cant even see anything that resembles a sensor or wires or anything at back of bumper. Mine is a st line x first edition plus. If you look in the handbook it has an asterisk and says ' if fitted' so I'm guessing that although it has a power tailgate it must have been an extra to have it hands free.
You have it if you have the close boot button in the boot door. If there is no button in right side (or left?) in the black trim then you don't have the automatic tailgate.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

Jiipee wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:37 am
Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:27 pm Only the first editions had it as standard. It's even an option on the new st line X vignale.....
Still not got mine to operate. I cant even see anything that resembles a sensor or wires or anything at back of bumper. Mine is a st line x first edition plus. If you look in the handbook it has an asterisk and says ' if fitted' so I'm guessing that although it has a power tailgate it must have been an extra to have it hands free.
You have it if you have the close boot button in the boot door. If there is no button in right side (or left?) in the black trim then you don't have the automatic tailgate.
I have the button to close on the tailgate but believe me I cannot get it to open hands free. Maybe its a software update issue? I'll keep trying but as I've said i can't even see anything in the vicinity of the bumper that looks like it could be a sensor. 🤔
garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

Spearmint wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:15 pm
It’s fitted. It can be turned off in settings. Plus do you have your key on you when trying to open it? Does it open with the key fob?
yes its enabled in settings and the tailgate opens with the key and the button on dash and i can close it with button on right side of tailgate. Think the Romanians in factory forgot to put sensor on 😆
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

😂😂
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Watched my videos?
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
garjas65

Post by garjas65 »

Spearmint wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:42 pm Watched my videos?
Just watched them cheers. Its more of a move forward with the foot than a swing or swipe so ill try that and see.
Thanks 👍
veng92

Post by veng92 »

dartiss wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:00 am
Seems more effort than just double pressing the key fob to open. I never have my hands full enough to prevent myself getting the keys..
:D That sounds like someone trying to convince themselves they don't need the feature after all.

I would have thought that but, now I have it, I've found it pretty invaluable a few times already.
That's exactly it 😂 funnily enough, I actually needed it for the first time today and tried again after watching the video demonstrating, it worked!
Ford Puma ST-Line X 1st Ed
Desert Blue