Missing person

All Ford Puma related discussions
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

How did a missing person thread get to this.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.

Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

Rizmo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:13 pm How did a missing person thread get to this.
It evolved (very quickly) after the original question was answered. :D
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
FP2022F1T

Post by FP2022F1T »

Rizmo wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:13 pm How did a missing person thread get to this.
Yup evolved very quickly πŸ˜‚ I blame the missing person, if he’d not left none of this would of happened πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž
ST Performance Grey Matter (Performance Pack / Drivers Assistance Pack / Dark Wheels & Power Tailgate)
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

FP2022F1T wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:26 pm
Yup evolved very quickly πŸ˜‚ I blame the missing person, if he’d not left none of this would of happened πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Ž

6349.gif

Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

KevC wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:12 pm Surely Fords best years were the 90s. Mk1 Focus, the original Puma, the Ka and the Mondeo were huge successes and rightly acclaimed by the motoring press.
The Ka was crying out for a decent engine. At that time, Ford had the 1.25 Zetec engine fitted to the Fiesta and that would have been perfect in the Ka. The forums and newsgroups of the time would discuss why this didn't happen. Some said it wouldn't fit but I think it was down to production capacity at the time. I think some versions did get a modern 1.6 later on. I thought the styling was great and my wife loved its small size.
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Vendee wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:53 pm
KevC wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:12 pm Surely Fords best years were the 90s. Mk1 Focus, the original Puma, the Ka and the Mondeo were huge successes and rightly acclaimed by the motoring press.
The Ka was crying out for a decent engine. At that time, Ford had the 1.25 Zetec engine fitted to the Fiesta and that would have been perfect in the Ka. The forums and newsgroups of the time would discuss why this didn't happen. Some said it wouldn't fit but I think it was down to production capacity at the time. I think some versions did get a modern 1.6 later on. I thought the styling was great and my wife loved its small size.
My Wife had a KA and loved it around town, not so much on a long run..... The interior was a bit spartan...
Ron240

Post by Ron240 »

My girlfriend has a 2018 Ka+ and its a great little car.
When she first arrived with it I was watching out of the window and initially thought it was a Fiesta. :lol:
In total contrast I thought the original Ka was a horrible car.

While we are on this subject it baffles me why the Ka is officially referred to as a k, a.
If that was the case then both letters should be capitalised or separated by a comma.
2023 Puma ST (1.5 200PS), Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Ron240 wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:39 pm My girlfriend has a 2018 Ka+ and its a great little car.
When she first arrived with it I was watching out of the window and initially thought it was a Fiesta. :lol:
In total contrast I thought the original Ka was a horrible car.

While we are on this subject it baffles me why the Ka is officially referred to as a k, a.
If that was the case then both letters should be capitalised or separated by a comma.
Yes, the newer one was much improved...I think K.A came about because people just couldn't get their heads around using Ka.....As in - What car do you drive? A Ka, Yes but which one? etc etc. ;)
Vendee

Post by Vendee »

Sparks wrote: ↑Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:10 pm I think K.A came about because people just couldn't get their heads around using Ka.....As in - What car do you drive? A Ka, Yes but which one? etc etc. ;)
We had that at our local dealership. We were looking at their stock outside and the cocky young sales guy came shooting up like heat seeking missile. Can I help you? Yes, we are looking for a Ka. Look mate he says in an exasperated tone.... the place is full of cars. :o
Puma ST Line Vignale 125, DAP Magnetic
DB74

Post by DB74 »

I've just bought my daughter a Mk2 KA Grand Prix 2 to learn to drive in, as it's about the only car with low tax and insurance as anything over 75bhp starts costing. It even has a heated front windscreen and lovely red interior!
Puma ST, Desert Island Blue with Driver Assistance Pack.