The Puma adventure begins

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

So...we picked up our Puma today, at long last, a bit strange having to do the paperwork and handover at the door behind a plastic screen, but it’s finally ours
More to follow
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

alanp

Post by alanp »

Wasn’t sure we were going to get our car, as the garage phoned last week, saying they had made a mistake with our car settlement, ( here we go I thought), turns out they have messed up the figures, anyway in fairness they have taken the hit.
We’re getting a new kitchen, and it needs plastering, but you can’t get plaster at any of the diy/ builders merchants, ( think toilet rolls and hand sanitizer at the start of lockdown) , so, the mrs paid well over the odds for some, and it meant we had to collect, IN THE NEW CAR!,, not something I wanted to do, but needs must, anyway a good chance to check it out on an 80 mile round trip, I’m impressed with how it drives, not too noisy and smooth, with just the right amount of engine growl , I like the adaptive cruise, not had this before and I can see it being really useful on long journeys, I like the blind spot detection too, six bags of plaster fitted no bother with the seats folded, and the low lip meant loading/ unloading a doddle, not sure about the intelligent speed limiter as it tried to slow me to 30 on the A168, !!, but I love the auto tailgate, so handy for shopping, going to have a pla6 around in the car’s menus and see what’s what, so far though I love my Puma....
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Congrats Al, welcome, finally. Don't know what's kept you. 😆😉.

I haven't used that intelligent cruise,ever since it slowed me on a dual carriageway for non-existant roadworks. Automation is only as good as the info it gets.

Does it fit in the garage?

Hope all goes well. Cheers.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Yes, it fits in the garage thank goodness, I think the intelligent speed limiter might be ok going through rural villages, but not on motorways
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Congrats on your new car,im s glad you like the auto tailgate,im saving up for mine at the moment,
alanp

Post by alanp »

Thought I’d test out opening the boot with my foot...after embarrassing myself trying to swipe my foot from side to side, it turns out you just give a forward and back movement, I should have checked the manual first, instead of letting the neighbours think I was doing some kind of demented hokey cokey....
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

You're not alone.

It's usually me in the supermarket car park. Both hands full of shopping and it decides not to work, leaving me looking like a right *it.....