Things are starting to move

All Ford Puma related discussions
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Wdf76 wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:51 pm I'd bear with them. There's every chance they're getting the run-around from Ford.

Back when I was waiting for mine, during the airbag recall, the dealer was getting a different story from Ford everyday.

Cancel now and you might have a longer wait.
You’re right about possibly having a longer wait and also might be more difficult to get hold of a first edition and we have waited. The car we ordered is still at Liverpool docks - the only progress since 4th June is the car has moved from the ‘in’ compound to the ‘out’ compound. Estimated delivery date to the dealer in Lincoln is now 11/7 (from 27/6), then there will be more delay until it’s transferred to our dealer. It’s frustrating as it was our dealer who telephoned and told us the car would be ready next week - which was back in May.

What’s even more frustrating is that we live about 4 miles from where the car is sitting now - before it starts it’s journey to our dealer via Lincoln :(
Ford Puma Titanium First Edition mhev 125 - Grey Matter

Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

You must be frustrated, I know I would be. Have they given any reasons for the further delay?

I guess there would still be a delay if they were delivering to peoples at Speke....

It's of little consolation but you are now much closer to getting it than you were last month.
ejp26

Post by ejp26 »

When I went to buy one the Tuesday after lock down lifted for car showrooms (June 2nd), I was told it would be a 20 week wait , however if I tweeked my requirements, basically to fit what they had available I would get it in under a fortnight.....I picked it up last Thursday (18th) Got tinted rear windows , which i had to pay for but otherwise got my Black Agate Titanium Ecoboost just as I wanted.
Deleted User 135

Post by Deleted User 135 »

Great stuff,glad you have got your car at last,hopefully the supply of them gets underway and Fill the roads with them
veng92

Post by veng92 »

Don't give up hope - we've heard nothing for months and finally got the call last week, delivering on Thursday! We ordered an "in stock" car in late February...
Ford Puma ST-Line X 1st Ed
Desert Blue
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Wdf76 wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:50 am You must be frustrated, I know I would be. Have they given any reasons for the further delay?

I guess there would still be a delay if they were delivering to peoples at Speke....

It's of little consolation but you are now much closer to getting it than you were last month.
Reason was a mix up over the car’s location

Received a message today that the car has arrived at the Lincoln dealer and they were arranging delivery to our dealer asap. Fingers crossed for later this week - it’s been a long wait since early March!
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Still no Puma from the dealer we ordered from :roll:

I’m speaking to the branch manager tomorrow as something doesn’t seem right to me - I was speaking to someone in work yesterday who ordered his from a different dealer a week before us and his was delivered in June!

Does anyone know what the current delivery times we could expect if we end up going elsewhere?
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

I’m curious why they would go all the way from Essex to Liverpool and then over to Lincoln.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Iain C

Post by Iain C »

Spearmint wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:54 pm I’m curious why they would go all the way from Essex to Liverpool and then over to Lincoln.
It was at Liverpool docks for 4 weeks so I assumed they were imported into Liverpool? It (allegedly) then went from Liverpool to Lincoln (apparently the main dealer), then was supposed to be transported to Chester (our dealer). We were told 10 days max to get it to Chester, that was 4th July.

Their communication has been awful throughout, so I’ll be speaking to the general manager tomorrow for some answers as I think the people we’ve been speaking to have been less than honest,,,I’m beginning to think they haven’t got the car we ordered available at all!
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

I see train loads of them heading towards the compound at Speke, so I know they come in by rail. I drive trains from London to Liverpool. Also seen them head north through Preston.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic