Dashboard rattle 😬

All Ford Puma related discussions
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Freeve wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:29 pm Finally we got an answer to our dashboard rattle (passenger side).
Happy days.
Great result. Thanks for sharing. Think I'll fire off an email tomorrow. I've had this since day 1 (Feb) but have just learnt to live with it.

Just out of interest, on a scale of 1-10 how obtrusive was your rattle? Could you have lived with it if there was no obvious fix? Mines in the same area probably 4-5 on the scale. I know it's there, but it's not so bad as to make me think the car's going to fall apart at any second.

Thanks.

Freeve

Post by Freeve »

Obtrusive about 7 at lower revs, but ok at speed and not noticeable on motorway.
Martin or Darren did a test drive with my husband, and they said they wouldn't be able to put up with it!
KDA Greece

Post by KDA Greece »

I’ve got one on ‘rougher tarmac’ roads at speeds over 30mph on the drivers side. Been in to dealer today and they claimed it was the pillar - but it’s still there...🙁
Nigel70767

Post by Nigel70767 »

I have a 2022 Puma with a rattle inside the dashboard on the passenger side. It's particularly annoying going round town. Not too bad on the motorway. I see the posts on this issue are a couple of years old. It doesn't look like the issue has been resolved at the factory.
I don't know if I can be bothered to go to the garage about this. If they start pulling the dash to bits it may never go back together properly again!
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

It's probably a loose air bag bracket. Loads of posts on this forum. Dealer can sort , try and record the sound.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.
alanp

Post by alanp »

They did mine a year ago, complete new dash and some modules?, were changed, they never admitted it was the airbag bracket instead saying it was the instrument cluster but you could put your hand on top of the dash just to the left of the screen and you could feel it, all sorted now though…it took 5 weeks!
Last edited by alanp on Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
alanp

Post by alanp »

Duplicate post
Nigel70767

Post by Nigel70767 »

Eventually got the rattle sorted!!! It turned out to be a problem with the glove box not fitting correctly. They replaced the entire glove box.
A couple of weeks later a new squeak appeared. This turned out to be a problem inside the front passenger seat.
The local Ford dealer sorted this out. Really hoping this is the last problem with this car.....getting sick of it.
alanp

Post by alanp »

Did you know for definite it was the glovebox?, or did they just tell you that..as I said, mine was from the top centre on the dash just to the left of the screen but they told me it was the instrument cluster,I just wonder if they don’t want people to know the air bag bracket can come loose..
Rizmo

Post by Rizmo »

Could be, a loose airbag bracket is a safety issue therefore a recall should be initiated.
Puma ST-Line-Vignale 155 manual, magnetic grey, DAP, electric tailgate. New in December 2021.