Dashboard rattle 😬

All Ford Puma related discussions
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

I've developed a dashboard rattle, passenger side somewhere where the two sections of dashboard meet.

It's annoying, worse at low revs or lugging a high gear, but seems to ease off when the car warms up.

This is my 4th brand new Ford car, after 3 fiesta ST's in a row. None of those ever rattled, which is pretty remarkable seeing as how they're set up.

It's a new model, early production too and I understand that it takes a while to get the build process and components sorted. It remains to be seen what the build quality is like going forward.

I know a lot of premium brands develop rattles and with UK roads I'm always pleasently surprised that a wheel doesn't fall off.

PaulD

Post by PaulD »

If you know where it is , you could try to apply some silicone spray
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

That's a good shout. Thanks😁👍
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Let us know if it works
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
Frances

Post by Frances »

We have the same problem. Dashboard rattle/ vibration on passenger side at low revs.
Been in the workshop 6 or 7 times, seems better for about 24 hours then just as bad as usual. Sounds like it’s falling to bits sometimes.
Dealer says they’ve escalated the problem but we can’t get any response from anyone.
Tedious and very disappointing
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Mine is still there too. I've tried silicone spray and all sorts. I'll feel for my passenger if the airbag deploys and they get a face full of wd-40.

I have learnt the high gear, low rpm situations that make it rattle and try to avoid it.

That said my car has not been anywhere near the dealer since delivery in Feb.

Now the weather is turning colder we'll see how the plastic rattles develop.
Luca

Post by Luca »

IT grows well, with the first cold I have a dashboard rattle just in front of me, a passenger plastic rattle with the engine and the speaker on, another rattle from both the doors, things that my previous 13 years old fiat bravo with 260k km never had (I miss her).
I'm trying to be heard from my dealer in order to get something fixed (maybe a ton of glue...), I'm really disappointed about this, I can't forgive everything just because the car is beautyful.
pb-fr

Post by pb-fr »

Getting dash rattles here too, loads more than I ever had on my Yeti even at 200k km. It's not got bad enough for me to bother complaing to the dealer (and not sure that I would after reading others' experiences of garage intervention making things worse...), so settling for having music on all the time to mask it :)
Iainrr55

Post by Iainrr55 »

Just to add my penny's worth, I have a rattle that's the Infotainment screen. If I pinch the front and back together it stops.
Also it sounds like there's a cable, either in the driver door or somewhere along that side, and a sharp road bump makes it slap against a panel. Perhaps a clip missed off when fixing or its come loose.
Titanium First Edition 125 -> 155 mhev
----- Lucid Red ------
Freeve

Post by Freeve »

Finally we got an answer to our dashboard rattle (passenger side).
It was caused by a badly fitting airbag which vibrated under the dashboard on the passenger side.
They replaced the entire airbag and the rattle has disappeared - finally.
Only took 7 visits to the dealer.
Someone else also mentioned rattle from the infotainment unit. We had this too. The dealer remembered the unit is the same as the Fiesta, which had a rattle problem. So they applied the same fix, and everything is rattle free.
TrustFord Epsom have a new after sales person, and he really took ownership of the problems for 10 days, until he was convinced they'd sorted it. Martin and Darren dealt with it. Might be worth contacting them to see if they can pass on their advice about how they dealt with it.
PS once the dashboard rattles had been resolved, they could hear a door rattle so have sorted that too.
Happy days.