B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

robgee wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 am
Spearmint wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:36 am Not a Sync software issue, same as speed sign recognition software which also requires an update.
I have just created a research account on ford etis and have no noticed that there is several software updates for modules that you cannot see without creating an account.

I thought that the garage would do them as part of the investigations but it doesn't seem to be the way unless you specifically ask them.
They don’t seem to know if a fault with the speed sign recognition. Don’t suppose that showed up on your list of faults? Would be nice to give them a fault code so they know what they’re supposed to fix.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic

robgee

Post by robgee »

Spearmint wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:15 pm
robgee wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 am
Spearmint wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:36 am Not a Sync software issue, same as speed sign recognition software which also requires an update.
I have just created a research account on ford etis and have no noticed that there is several software updates for modules that you cannot see without creating an account.

I thought that the garage would do them as part of the investigations but it doesn't seem to be the way unless you specifically ask them.
They don’t seem to know if a fault with the speed sign recognition. Don’t suppose that showed up on your list of faults? Would be nice to give them a fault code so they know what they’re supposed to fix.

I have taken a screen shot of the modules that have a software update available, IPMA (Image Processing Module A-Image Processing Module A) is lane detection one but not sure if its the same one.

I can enter any reg number in the system

update.jpg

Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

Hi I've just looked for updates on my ford puma st line x 1st ed which I pick up Friday and that is showing update available for ipma but nothing else. Just looked at updates for my Fiesta st and it show the ipma update on that as well as a few other updates.It was only serviced 5 weeks ago so ford dont check for updates on a service.
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

I just contacted my ford Dealer , and he says that it's probably in the sync build number.
mine is build 19200 and doesn't have the surround option.
An other Puma he has on stock with build 19274 does have the surround option.
so that's probably the solution , but as off now there is no update to accommodate that.
He will keep me posted , as for when it will be available .
so fingers crossed ......
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....
robgee

Post by robgee »

I can get build 19274 , but others will confirm that they have build 19200 and do have the option.
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

I am not sure what build I have as I only got my Puma yesterday, but I can confirm I have the surround option. I have ST Line x.
robgee

Post by robgee »

Hammy wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:43 am I am not sure what build I have as I only got my Puma yesterday, but I can confirm I have the surround option. I have ST Line x.
It can be checked on the SYNC system , pretty sure its under settings , software version

Its shown earlier on this thread viewtopic.php?f=8&t=239&start=40
Paul R

Post by Paul R »

I'll check mine tomorrow when I pick it up.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Email from Ford:

(Sync 19200 btw)

“Unfortunately, the surround sound issue remains outstanding at this stage as they have been unable to perform any update with the information we have provided to them and they are in the process of logging this with our technical department for further guidance.”
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
PaulD

Post by PaulD »

Spearmint wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm Email from Ford:

(Sync 19200 btw)

“Unfortunately, the surround sound issue remains outstanding at this stage as they have been unable to perform any update with the information we have provided to them and they are in the process of logging this with our technical department for further guidance.”
Well that's real helpfull Ford ..... I am stumped
Ford Puma St-Line X first edition full options
..... Desert Island Blue.....