B&O audio

Faults and Technical chat for the Ford Puma
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

@spearmint. This is exactly what forums are for. Everyone will be booking in for a software update.

Thing is, when you check your software status online, it shows your car as up to date.

It's nonsense.

Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Not a Sync software issue, same as speed sign recognition software which also requires an update.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
Wdf76

Post by Wdf76 »

Ford could issue a recall notice.
robgee

Post by robgee »

I have mine booked in for Monday so lets see if its circulated to the garages as an issue, If the garage says there are no updates i have a couple of mails from Ford Customer support saying book in for a software update
Ford Puma 125 ST-Line X FIRST EDITION Desert Island Blue (previous)
Ford Puma 155 ST-Line X Blazer Blue (current)
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Well, my soon to be ex-local dealer still hasn’t fixed the car despite having it in the shop all day, so can’t report back on whether the surround has been fixed.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
robgee

Post by robgee »

Dam was hoping that they found something. I had a call from the customer support centre yesterday and they said the would chase up with the tech team as it’s been over a week now, they did say they would ring me again on Thursday so will post if I get any updates.
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Tech team have given the dealer the support they need to fix it, just they haven’t got around to doing it. They’re still waiting to hear back from the dealer.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic
robgee

Post by robgee »

Spearmint wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:36 am Not a Sync software issue, same as speed sign recognition software which also requires an update.
I have just created a research account on ford etis and have no noticed that there is several software updates for modules that you cannot see without creating an account.

I thought that the garage would do them as part of the investigations but it doesn't seem to be the way unless you specifically ask them.
FredU

Post by FredU »

Software updates not done automatically by garage. They will only do them if relevant to any issues customer is experiencing. Sometimes updates cause other issues, and Ford will want to know why garage has installed updates if no issues recorded by customer. There was a recdent update on the Focus, which messed up the emtertainment, in only some speakers then working and other issues that i cannot now remember.
Lucid Red 155 ST Line X FE +, comfort pack and towbar
Spearmint

Post by Spearmint »

Day two, still no car, had an email from Ford customer services, yet the dealer couldn’t be bothered to contact me.
Mazda MX-30
First Edition
Ceramic