Bike Rack

All Ford Puma related discussions
JackTheLad87

Post by JackTheLad87 »

Can anyone recommend a rear mounted bike rack that’ll fit the Puma? Going round in circles 😂 ... cheers 👍
Jack. 32. South East London. Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition: Desert Island Blue.

Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

Hi matey you mean the cross bars? Ford do one....
rke11

Post by rke11 »

Hi Jack - happy to be proved wrong, but I believe the rear spoiler will make the rear mounted option a no no as there's a risk the pressure of the straps could break the spoiler which is basically plastic, and the further implications of that not pleasant - if you haven't got roof bars then I think it's the tow bar mount as only option really
Ford Puma ST Line X FE 155ps
Desert Island Blue
Jon_STLine

Post by Jon_STLine »

rke11 wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:35 pm Hi Jack - happy to be proved wrong, but I believe the rear spoiler will make the rear mounted option a no no as there's a risk the pressure of the straps could break the spoiler which is basically plastic, and the further implications of that not pleasant - if you haven't got roof bars then I think it's the tow bar mount as only option really
Hi matey

Ford said to me they do one that wraps around the roof by the roof area of the doors if you don’t have roof rails - I opted for roof rails as I didn’t want those type of bars on my car
Skywalker

Post by Skywalker »

I am researching the same thing. Hey Ho 👍
Stever

Post by Stever »

I have a Thule RaceWay rear carrier and contacted Thule as to wether it was suitable for the Puma, its not! as another post mentioned it is the rear spoiler that is the problem (can't support the weight) so anyone looking for a bike carrier will have to look into other options.
Clare

Post by Clare »

Just joined and looking through posts. I have a Puma (19 years old). I bought a roof rack that you can put bikes on for it years ago. Its shaped to fit the Puma (official roof rack apparently). Was just researching price as about to put on ebay.
Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Clare wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:31 pm Just joined and looking through posts. I have a Puma (19 years old). I bought a roof rack that you can put bikes on for it years ago. Its shaped to fit the Puma (official roof rack apparently). Was just researching price as about to put on ebay.
Wrong Forum.....If you need anything regarding the old Puma try asking here...... https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/f ... omLogout=1
Ford Puma ST-Line Vignale 155 Automatic.
Driver Assistance Pack. Power Tailgate etc. etc....Frozen White. 🚷🚳
Wireless Android Auto. 8-)
Previous Puma ST-Line X First Edition.
Pawprint66

Post by Pawprint66 »

Sod that. Nothing is being put on the roof or hanging off the arse end of our Puma. Me and the better half found the solution. A full size folding hybrid bike. It’s brilliant. And it fits in the boot with the seats up. Fantastic piece of kit.
2020 Puma ST - Line X First Edition - 125 mHEV - Race Red - (Released back into the wild)
2023 Puma ST - Frozen White - Driver Assistance Pack & Powered Tailgate - Machined Magnetite Wheels