Private plate

All Ford Puma related discussions
alanp

Post by alanp »

When I get my Puma in April, I want to transfer the private plate over, how do I go about this? and when would be the best time, I,e do it now or a week or so before collecting
Thanks
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything

pensta

Post by pensta »

Go online to DVLA and put your plate on retention then when u get the paperwork thru the door give it to the dealership and they should be able to put it straight on your car - I drove my new puma out of the showroom with my private plate
Race Red Ford Puma ST Line X First Edition 155 MHEV
#poppythepuma
alanp

Post by alanp »

Ok will do ta
St line x 1st edition, it has nearly everything
Rays1

Post by Rays1 »

alanp wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:07 pm When I get my Puma in April, I want to transfer the private plate over, how do I go about this? and when would be the best time, I,e do it now or a week or so before collecting
Thanks
I have had a few plates I've swapped over in the past. My advice is go on line and put your plate on retention NOW. Why? because you will need your V5 for the car your getting rid of. DVLA are very slow right now (re covid and working from home) so your V5 / certificate may not turn up just when you need it. This way you will have your retention certificate ready and waiting to give to your dealerships for the new car and a new V5 for your old car ready to swap or sell.
Of course doing it early, will require new plates for you old car and the need for you to inform your insurance company. I found this is the best way from a timing point of view.